Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App will not let me log in

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello. My app will not let me log in. It displays the message - "Oops, something went wrong. Please try again." I know the password is correct. Also, I tried deleting and reinstalling the app and that did not work either. Can anyone help? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
28 REPLIES 28

Hi @Garrett21. Welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, as well for the steps that you've tried prior posting. This is unusual, and just to confirm please verify that the OS version on your phone is updated by going through your phone's Settings > General > Software Update. Also, please try rebooting your phone. If the same keeps happening, take a screenshot and attach it in your reply so I can take a deeper look.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Yes the OS is up to date. Also I have rebooted many times. Also deleted and reinstalled the app. All with no success. Image-1.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_0057.JPG

Best Answer

Hi @Garrett21. It's great to have you on board. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

Thanks for trying the steps from my previous post, as well for the screenshot provided. I'm sorry that you're still having this issue. I was checking your information with our Support Team and they informed me that a case was already created for you. Apparently they're providing you with assistance, please keep working with them so you can receive more details about your case.

If you have another question, feel free to reply back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy Fit Bit. The problem seems to have disappeared all by itself. Mysterious! Thanks for your help. 

Best Answer

Hi @Garrett21. Thanks for getting back and I'm sorry for the delay in my response.

I'm glad that the issue disappeared. I appreciate your efforts while working on this, and now you can keep tracking your information correctly. I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussion Board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

See you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the exact same issue.  My iPhone 6S just automatically updated to iOS 12.4 last evening and now I can't login in to fitbit app on my phone but I can login on my desktop DELL computer. I've spent several hours with fitbit chat and then with Apple iphone chat. We reset my iphone. I've rebooted the iphone numerous times.  I deleted my fitbit app and downloaded a new one.  Nothing works.  The tracker itself is working fine and my fitbit account is accessable on a computer.  The issue seems to to be the app does not work following the iOS update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

iOS12.4, iPhone 8.  Same issue.  Tried all the same steps and unfortunately no mystery fix for me.  Still not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine did start working again but it didn’t track my sleep at all last night.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit 

I am having the same issue - tried the same steps. It also happened yesterday and then resolved itself, but is doing it again today. My phone just updated to iOS 12.4 and this started happening. When the app first opens it shows the shadows of the icons and then will fail to sync. I uninstalled the app yesterday and then reinstalled - couldn't remember my password, so I followed the steps to reset, but when it came time to send the reset email, I would immediately get a message that the email failed to send. Finally yesterday evening, that worked and I reset my password & the app synced correctly. This morning, same thing happened again. Since I had just reset my password, I again uninstalled the app and reinstalled and tried to login. No luck - immediately got the same message as in the screenshot above. Other thing that's weird is that I can't even get to the fitbit.com website on my phone; it acts like it's a google search and just brings up a list of fitbit related topics. I can get to the website from my laptop... This is really frustrating! I have a FitBit Charge 3. My husband has the Charge 2 and also just updated to iOs 12.4 - he has had no issues... Is there any kind of update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing exactly the same thing since the iOS 12.4 update. It did start working yesterday and worked ok last night but failed to track any sleep at all.  Then later this morning it went back to the screen telling me I had to login but then always said oops something went wrong.  I cannot even connect to fitbit via safari from my phone even if I use https://www.fitibit.com or if I search via google.  I can connect fine on my Dell desktop computer.  I also spent a long time in chat with support at Apple and they could not find a way to fix either.  Even reset my phone which was a pain.and did not solve anything.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @nfaltice@ergled and @clingmom. It's good that the community is growing! 

Thanks for contacting our Support Team, as well for sharing the steps that you've tried prior posting. You did a good job! I understand how you're feeling and I'm sorry that you're not able to log into the Fitbit app. I've gone ahead and escalated this situation so it can be reported to our iOS engineers. They'll work on this based on your feedback, and I'll update this thread once I have more details.

If you have any other question, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lizzy could you also pass along to the iOS engineers that I also cannot connect  to the fitbit website via safari using my iphone.  The iOS 12.4 update seems to have blocked everything to do with fitbit.  I got support from the maker of my iphone also and we determined that even resetting my phone to default settings did not work.  We tried with and without wifi and using cellular data, personal hotspot, etc.  My account is still accessible to me if I login through my Dell computer using my same login that was originally setup in March.  It is the iOS update that must be the culprit here and it is affecting access to both the app and the website through apple products.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes - this is very frustrating! Not only can I not track steps, exercise, sleep, etc. on the FitBit app - this also means that data is not being shared with other apps and is keeping me from earning points on Virgin Pulse for my work team. I wasn't able to login to read any updates on this issue on the FitBit community from my phone because I am unable to connect to anything related to FitBit using iOS 12.4.  I don't really understand why this seems spotty - my husband also has an iPhone with iOS 12.4 and has no issues with his FitBit App.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue as well...started happening on Saturday. Is there a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No solution offered yet - I chatted with FitBit support yesterday and they were escalating. I haven't heard anything yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think the issue needs a software engineer possibly. It is clearly related to the iOS 12.4 update.
Nancy

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot log into the app but I can log in on safari. It’s frustrating because I need add a new device and I can only do this through the app. My account is linked to my Facebook but that is not an option when logging in on the app. My phone IOS is up to date, the app is up to date and my phone is the XS which is a good device. I have deleted and re-downloaded the app, I have restarted my phone. I’ve tried the chats but my connection kept cutting out. I’m getting super frustrated with this 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am now able to log into both the FitBit app and community/website from my iPhone. I had an email from the support team asking me to try again. Would love to know what the cause/solution was and if it is really solved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes