Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App will not let me log in

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello. My app will not let me log in. It displays the message - "Oops, something went wrong. Please try again." I know the password is correct. Also, I tried deleting and reinstalling the app and that did not work either. Can anyone help? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
28 REPLIES 28

@LizzyFitbit am also having the same problem. For the past couple of days, I’ve been having issues getting my FitBit Versa to sync properly which caused the clock on the device to lag 5 or more minutes behind the current time. I reset my FitBit multiple times, tried syncing with and without WiFi and uninstalled and reinstalled the app numerous times. I finally deleted my FitBit Versa as a device on the app and went through the process of pairing it and setting up and was able to see it as a device but the current info/stats were not displaying on the app. At the time I was syncing I had over 7,000 steps and when the device would sync it would still say I only had like 209 steps. So I deleted the app again and reinstalled it. When I did, I tried to login and I kept getting the “Oops, something went wrong. Please try again” error message. I tried NUMEROUS times to login and it finally told me to check my email and password, so I retyped both and knew that they were right but it still wouldn’t let me login. So I reset my password. Even after resetting my password I still can’t login and am still receiving the same error message. However, I know my login info is correct because I can go on the Google app on my phone and login into the FitBit website there, just not the app. I recently updated to iOS 12.4.1 yesterday so I’m wondering if my inability to log in to the app is somehow related? I’m pretty frustrated since I use the app and my FitBit daily! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My issue was finally resolved after I talked with the support team and my case was escalated. I did not get an answer as to what the root cause was, but I do believe there is something with the iOs 12.4.1 update that is causing it - but not for every user, so there is something else at play. Good luck - hope you can get back to tracking! I understand how frustrating that can be!!

Best Answer
Hey! Thanks for your reply. I don’t know what I did but I was somehow able
to log in this morning and my FitBit was syncing properly. I did have a few
issues today with it not always syncing so the time would be off by a
minute or so but otherwise it’s working fine. I think you’re right that
it’s something going on with iOS 12.4.1
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. I'm glad to see you participating in the Community Forums. I'm sorry for my delayed response, and let me continue helping you with this situation.

Thanks for the information that you've provided, as well for the steps tried prior posting. I'm sorry that you're having this experience and the inconvenience this has caused when trying to sync. I appreciate your feedback as it helps us to evaluate and improve our services based on your comments. Since our team recently released a new update for the Fitbit app, please make sure to download it from the App store. Then try to log in to your account one more time and let me know how everything goes.

I'll be around, so keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app let me in and then my Fitbit would not sync for over 2 weeks and I have up. Very disappointed in the product but not even bothering with it anymore

Loyally,

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi! Thanks for your reply. I was finally able to log in sometime this
weekend but am still having issues with syncing my device with the app,
which can take upwards of 30 minutes sometimes due to the app saying my
FitBit can’t be found or the sync failing. It is also continuing to make
the time on my FitBit lag for at least a minute or sometimes more. This is
incredibly frustrating since I don’t have my phone on me for the majority
of my day at work since I am a teacher so I try to rely more on my FitBit
to tell the time.

I already downloaded the new update for this app and continue to have the
same issue
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes my app let me in also a couple of days ago but I’m still having issues
with syncing my device. Very frustrating. In the almost four or so years
I’ve had a FitBit device I’ve never had an issue like this before
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marinabee and @SunsetRunner, I'm glad to see you here again, and I'm sorry for the long delay.

@Marinabee, thanks for keeping me updated and I'm sorry that the Fitbit app is still not allowing you to log in. You mentioned before to have the latest iOS updated, may I know if you've also updated to the 12.4.1 version? Was the Fitbit app also updated in your iPhone? If so, I'd recommend to force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone one last time. If the same keeps happening, let me know so I can work on this with you.

@SunsetRunner, I'm glad that you were able to log in to your account, and I'm sorry for the syncing issues. I understand how inconvenient is to not have the time updated, and to work on this let me know if you get an error message when trying to sync. If you've not done so, try removing your Fitbit device from Bluetooth settings, open the Fitbit app, tap on profile's icon > Fitbit device > sync now. Once it has synced tap on Notification and proceed to pair via Bluetooth.

Let me know how everything goes this time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your reply. I removed the FitBit from the Bluetooth settings on
my phone. Now I’m trying to sync it but it won’t sync... I keep getting
“Failed to sync device” on the top of the app where it shows the syncing
process. So now my FitBit isn’t even connected to my app properly? When I
look on my profile it says it’s looking for the device

Thanks,

Grace
Best Answer
0 Votes