Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App won't open after latest update.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just finished update 2.35 and app will NOT open. First time in two years having this problem. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
34 REPLIES 34

Hello @JJ763, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

This seems like a very odd situation, does the app fail to launch or do you receive an error message when trying to open it? In either case, I would like to suggest you to restart your phone and try to open the app again. We haven't received reports of this happening after the update but I will appreciate if you could try that and let me know the outcome. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
I removed the app and reinstalled. After I completed this it finally came back on line and worked.

Thank you for checking and the help. I've never had this issue in two years

John Jolin
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JJ763, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply! Smiley Happy

I'm very glad to know that the app was able to open after uninstalling and reinstalling it. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

Happy stepping! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. I worked until midnight last night. Now it won't stay open. I can see on my tracker that it is logging my steps, but cannot see info on phone. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, after the update I am also having an app syncing issue. I updated yesterday, it synced last night and this morning but now it isn't updating the hourly tracking, activity minutes and challenge times. When I go to the website it shows it synced though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got off the phone with Fitbit support regarding this issue. They are investigating the matter. In the meantime, we backed up all my data on my PC and then uninstalled the app from my iphone then re-installed and everything is working fine. I didn't lose any data and it seems to be syncing ok.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @cherie, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you around too @VCabSmiley Happy

@cherie, if the information is syncing and showing correctly on the online Dashboard but not on the Fitbit app, please try the following:

• Force-close the app by double tapping the home button and swiping up the app, then open it again and wait for a couple of minutes for the information to update. 
  • If this doesn't work, log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. 
  • If the information is still not updating, uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.

@VCab, thanks for taking the time to let me know you have already contacted our Support team, I'm glad your issue seems to have been resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. In case you need anything else, please don't hesitate to reply, I'll be happy to help. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
It worked!!! Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @cherie, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're having a great time. Smiley Happy

I'm very glad your issue has now been resolved. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My app won't open after the update my screen just turns white.  I have uninstalled it and reinstalled,  it works for a little bit but stops working by the end of the day. This has been happening everyday since I updated it. Doesn't matter if I restart my phone or anything. What is going on with this app.  Seems crazy paying so much money for a fit bit if the app doesn't even work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you end up working this out? After the update and resetting my Fitbit I still cannot log in through app. It searches for my profile but the wheel turns for ages. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to uninstall and reinstall several times but finally worked

Best Answer
0 Votes

No Still haven't got in. I've tried re-installing about 6 times now. It works for an hour when I do then stops again

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone!

@JJ763 Glad to hear you are back on track. 

@Sarlo If you are using an Android and you're experiencing an app crash you may want to ensure you have enough memory and try clearing the app cache. 

@Janelle22 If you are seeing an infinite spin when trying to log into the app, this issue typically occurs when the time on your phone is set manually. To resolve this: 

1. Double tap the home button on your iOS device. Your open apps will show on your device's screen.
2. Close the Fitbit app by swiping the app image in an upward motion.
3. Open the Settings app from your iPhone home screen.
4. Tap "General."
5. Tap "Date & Time."
6. Ensure that "Set Automatically" is ON.

7. Try logging in again. 

Hope this helps! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine will not even open. I keep getting this message.I keep getting this message.I keep getting this message.

I have shut phone off. Uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. STill this. Please help 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @anewkassie, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to add a screenshot to your post. At this moment I would like to ask you to go to your phone's Settings and turn off WiFi from here, then, try to log in again to the Fitbit app using your cellular data. After you're able to log in, turn on WiFi once again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you that worked.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @anewkassie, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm really glad. Smiley Very Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I do have another question. Now that my Fitbit app is opening... it hasn’t been syncing my sleep? I’ve always done this and all of the sudden every time I sync it the sleep doesn’t show up??

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer