Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App won't open after latest update.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just finished update 2.35 and app will NOT open. First time in two years having this problem. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
34 REPLIES 34

Hello @anewkassie, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. At this moment I would like to ask you to go to the sleep section of your online Dashboard and check if your data is showing up here. If it is, it's possible the app is not updating the information correctly, in which case I would like to suggest you to force-quit the app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. Then open it again and tap on the sleep tile to check if the information is now showing up.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

My app might open and syncs..not all the time. If it does sync I cannot do anything in the app. Nothing works when I touch anything in the app on my phone. It’s not the phone as I am typing this using my phone. It hasn’t worked since I updated a couple of days ago

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Creynolds, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have reported this situation affecting the app. At this moment our ream is aware and currently investigating this issue, As a workaround, I would like to ask you to uninstall and reinstall the app, then monitor it and check if the app freezes again. For more updated about this issue, please check this post that will be updated once we have more information to share. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't even know how to uninstall the app so that I can reinstall it. Techno dummy here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JOHNNYSCAT, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined us and posted your question. In iOS to uninstall an app, the easiest way is to press down on the app for 2 or more seconds, then, all of them will start jiggling and you will be able to see an (x) on the top right corner of the icon, tap on the X to remove the app. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

after I tried this it still does not work. I tried it on my mom's phone and works just fine just not my phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to send mine back and get a new one. The new one wants me to update
and I'm scared to do it. I had 10,000 steps in at 11:00 yesterday morning
and worked for another six hours but only gt credit for 517 steps all day.
I'm livid!😬
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been hesitating to update for months for fear of this happening, but to update another app, I accidentally told my phone to update ALL apps. Why did I do that? Now Fitbit app is not even opening. 🙄 And I’ve tried everything mentioned here except uninstalling it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had a similar thing happen and decided to call FitBit tech support. There is a way to uninstall and reinstall without losing your data. Give them a call.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue its making me very upset

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up in Fitbit and just using my Apple Watch. Sorry

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue and it is really frustrated please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Help me i am having the same issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up and just using my Apple Watch. Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

my app won’t slide to record my exercise or map.

Best Answer
0 Votes