Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Health and Fitbit.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There was a thread but it was closed. It's not resolved. It's still an issue. There has been no integration with Apple Health.

All we get is the same generic reply "With regards to Apple Health, we continue to evaluate new partners and will update if we have news to share. Fitbit has a history of working with the community to bring potential features to reality, and we thank you for taking the time to share your ideas and suggestions."

I have already dumped my Fitbit and moved to an Apple Watch. It's my data. Why can't I sync it with Apple Health? How does GDPR affect Fitbit now it has come into force?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@honglong1976 Welcome! It's great to see you around! I don't know the technicalities that prevent this but you can add your vote to the idea in our Feature Suggestions board (the idea you mentioned before). This will tell our developers that you are interested in this feature. Still thank you for your input.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still have a Fitbit scale, and the only way to get my weight into Health is:

- one-time configuration to sync between Fitbit and MyFitnessPal

- launch MyFitnessPal app after weighing myself on Fitbit Aria scale

I rarely launch the Fitbit app on my phone.

Fitbit product management needs to understand that refusal to add HealthKit sync has only caused me to a) stop by Fitbit trackers, and b) forced me to use MyFitnessPal app.

At some point I'll sell the Aria scale and complete my fitness journey away from Fitbit hardware. Although I'm just one customer, that can't be good for Fitbit.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

Hello @bbarrera and @honglong1976, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around.

I understand your concern and how important it is for you that the Fitbit app can sync with Apple Health. At this moment there are no plans to implement this feature however, we continue to evaluate new partners and will update you if we have news to share. Our team continues to evaluate new partners and will update you if we have news to share.

Fitbit has a history of working with the community to bring potential features to reality, and we thank you for taking the time to share your ideas and suggestions. Even though an integration with Apple Health is not foreseen in the near future the Fitbit Web API is available for any 3rd-party developers that would be able to create an iOS app that would sync Fitbit data with the Health app. With that said, I will now close this thread. 

Please keep an eye for further announcements in case this changes in the future.

Happy stepping! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes