Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average steps in iOS community tab

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am a blind user using a charge for and an iPhone with voiceover as my screen reader.

when I open the iOS app on my iPhone and click on community and then go to friends and my iPad to look at average daily steps sometimes I get what appears to be the correct number and other times I get a number that is positively incorrect example average steps may be 10,000 and sometimes it shows up at 70,000 which would be the number that is displayed next to the tab that identifies me or the friend.The ratio between the numbers may not be correct but it gives an example of approximate values.

The ratio between the numbers may not be correct but it gives an example of approximate values.

this has been a long time issue that has yet to be addressed and I’m just wondering if someone has any idea when it might be corrected. It is usually correct first thing in the morning but after that it is usually wrong. Does anyone have an answer when it might be corrected?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Gosh @Podunk I would agree that this needs correcting.

This has been going on for ages!! When I go to my community page then tap friends it says my average 6 day count is 88,608. I can accept that. But when I tap my name on the leaderboard it takes me to my personal profile and under my picture it states I do mine states “Average 88,608 steps a day”. Like you I have noticed sometimes the daily step count is correct and others it’s wildly wrong. 

It’s been this way for so long and the issue comes and goes. But I do know that if I swipe up on the page (using my iPad like yourself) then force shut the page by swiping it off the screen it helps. Because once I tap the Fitbit App to open it again the problem corrects itself. 

Of course it’s not a permanent solution because the issue will come back when it chooses to and yet again I must perform the force shut then reopen if I want to see my true daily step average. 

So, to provide you an answer your question I have no idea when this will be addressed or if it will ever be addressed honestly. I’m sure, looking through old forum threads, that the Fitbit a team is apparently aware of it but is it an I fixable bug? Or an un-fixable bug?? Or maybe not a pressing issue. I suppose only time will tell. 

Best Answer
Morning megabyte it’s good to hear from you again. I will continue to bring this issue up in hopes that it will be addressed. I will be the squeaky wheel and hopefully they will find the grease.

Sometimes I feel like I’m beating a dead horse but at least it doesn’t hurt the horse.
Best Answer