Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average steps overall

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why are there now two numbers for the average number of steps?  What is the difference?IMG_5384.PNG

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everybody,

I've seen a number of instances where the following steps resolve this problem, I'd recommend giving them a try.

1. Open the Fitbit App > tap the Account button > and tap the tile with your profile at the top.
  2. Tap the gear icon in the top right-hand corner.
  3. Tap Location.
  4. Tap country and add your country.

You also can choose to set your location to private if you don't want others to see your location, but adding a location seems to resolve this issue.

Hope this helps!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

@dawn102677 That's very weird.

Out of curiosity, what type of iOS device are you using (ie iPhone 7, iPhone SE, etc)?

Also, what iOS version are you running (ie iOs 10, iOS 9, etc)?

Please keep me posted!

Best Answer

iPhone 7 plus.  iOS 10.  The most recent versio. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have this issue 7plus iOS 10 latest version 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the very same problem with an iPhone SE and IOS 10. 

Best Answer

I have the same question! 

Best Answer

I looked again at your photo. The 2nd line is 12,345 avg steps. That is also the exactly what mine says. Maybe it's some sort of example number since it is 1 2 3 4 5 ? Idk just a thought. 

Best Answer

My dashboard is showing two sets of average steps per day. The first (10,148) has the globe (public) icon beside it, the second has question marks ?? before the average (12,345). It's been like this for at least a couple of days that I've noticed..... and hasn't updated although my Surge has synced properly. Anyone know what this means?  

Best Answer

Hi @tma7316! Please receive a warm welcome to the Fitbit Family! It's great to see you participating in our Community! Cat Happy

Wow! that sounds odd, which model of phone are you using? If you can attach a picture that would be great, so I can  have a better view of what you have there!

I'll be waiting! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Woman HappyHi tma!

Thank you for posting this question. I'm seeing the same thing on my Fitbit app profile. My profile shows this:

Averages 7,653 steps per day

?? Averages 12,345 Steps per Day

I, too, have been noticing it the last couple days and am guessing it's a result of one of the latest updates. Would like to know if the second figure is a weekly, monthly or YTD average or if it is just a glitch that will be corrected. 

Have a good day tmaSmiley Happy

Best Answer

Please ignore this reply. For some reason my previous reply was duplicated and I don't know how to delete this one. 

Best Answer

Uploaded 

Best Answer

Hi @FrançoiseThanks for popping by the forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for adding your question to this thread, I'm still waiting for the screenshot. But if you have the option to provide it, it'd be great. I'd like to check with you if this is an incoming issue or a change from the last update as you mentioned.

Let me know if you can do so! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_1408.PNG

Here is the screenshot. Using iPhone 5s 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Yojana!

Thank you for replying. I tried uploading a pic with my post but I wasn't able to. I think because I am posting via my iPhone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_0449.PNG

It worked this time. Not sure why it didn't before. 

iPhone 5

iOS 10.2.1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everybody,

I've seen a number of instances where the following steps resolve this problem, I'd recommend giving them a try.

1. Open the Fitbit App > tap the Account button > and tap the tile with your profile at the top.
  2. Tap the gear icon in the top right-hand corner.
  3. Tap Location.
  4. Tap country and add your country.

You also can choose to set your location to private if you don't want others to see your location, but adding a location seems to resolve this issue.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer

Worked perfect.  Thanks!

Best Answer

That worked! Thank you DerrickWoman Happy

Best Answer