Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining fast on Zip with iOS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit has failed to publicly announce that the Zip (and 3 other Fitbit products) have software issues with iOS.  I have had 4 replacement zips, all with the same problem.  The battery immediately drains and the syncing is ineffective.  Fitbit has admitted that there is a systemic problem, they have been working on solving for several weeks but have yet to find a resolution.  

Despite the fact that they cannot fix the product, their only solution for customers is to replace it with the same defective product!  I am moving on to a real fitness company who does not take its customers for granted.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject + Word Choice.

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hello @es007, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

I would like to thanks our for reaching out and providing your feedback. I understand your concern about this situation, we have had issues with batteries draining faster than usual after some of the latest iOS updates but please be assured that our team is currently working towards a prompt and proper resolution for this situation. 

Your feedback is really appreciated and I appreciate your patience and understanding. If there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

The battery in my Zip is only lasting a few days since I added the iOS app to my phone, too.  Please, please fix this issue!!

Best Answer

Marco, I've been having the same issue with my Zip. I am having to change my battery every 7-10 days! When is the iOS update coming, is it days, weeks, or months away? I cannot keep buying new batteries for this - it's getting very expensive.

Best Answer

Hello @winnieweb, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. It's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community @cjruoffSmiley Happy

At this moment I don't have a specific timeframe for when the next update will be released but if you're still having issues with the battery on your Zip tracker I would like to suggest you to make sure All-day Sync is disabled in the Fitbit app. 

Go to Account > Zip and check if All-day Sync is enabled, if it is, disable it and force-close the app by double tapping the home button on your phone, then swipe up the Fitbit app and other apps you're currently not using. This will also help save battery on your iPhone. 

Finally, please go to your phone Settings > Bluetooth and turn it off, that way the Zip will not try to connect to your phone draining the battery faster than usual. Make sure to turn off Bluetooth from here as if you do it through the menu you see when swiping up the app, the Bluetooth will turn on again in a couple of minutes. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Marco - turning off all-day synch is a reasonable patch but turning off
Bluetooth is not! I use it for my headset, in-car connection etc. I'll see
how turning off all-day synch helps until you fix the app.
Best Answer

The best solution would be to swap the Zip for a functional product for customers who've had these failures.  Fitbit should exchange these at no cost for customers.  We purchased an item that we expect to work - it does NOT work.  

Second, Fitbit should stop selling defective devices.

Best Answer

I have the same problem with my Zip.    I was advised to turn off Bluetooth, which is not a long term fix.   If a permanent fix is not found soon, I will choose a competetive product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having this problem for months and after buying many Fitbit Ones over the years, I'm about to throw this in the river and never buy from this company again. I keep complaining that I need a new one because now my battery is down to one day before needing to be charged, and I keep getting the runaround. They keep telling me that their people are working on it. It's obvious that their people have no clue what they're doing because it should't be a problem for MONTHS. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Never had issues with my One and I can no longer get a replacement for that. 

I have ave has a Fitbit since 2012 and have loved it. The battery draining sucks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes! I was really angry today when the Fitbit tech rep told me this is a known IOS issue. The fact that it is not publicized and they let me waste time when I ordered my zip last week (no warning on website, etc) means I would never do business with this company again. I liked the clip on convenience, it I don't deal with shady companies 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am about to move on too, they never told us and I tossed out one Fitbit One due to dead battery and have had a ZIP and went thru 4 batteries in about 6 weeks and on my second Zip and now they sent me a Fitbit One but I am not to connect it to the IPad, also has problems syncing to new Samsung Note8. They are not keeping up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just spoke to support and they actually shared a link to this exact thread. I've had issues since day one with a brand new zip. The first time I contacted support they told me to buy a new battery. (which I have now done 3 times)

Today when I submitted another case they offered for me to replace my zip but whilst warning me that all zips are defective right now. Their other suggestion was for me to get a new phone. lol

I asked if I could just switch to the flex 2 (which is the same price as the zip) and the support rep was actually fairly dismissive saying he's done all he can do. And just stop syncing the device. (it's the first time I've had issues with support from fitbit. I was surprised)

Very disappointing. I loved this brand 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did not see the iOS syncing battery drainage problem on the website when I ordered it 2 weeks ago,  otherwise I would have ordered a different device.

Out of the box 6 days and battery is dead. 2 times on Chat Support and no resolution.

Per the package and website battery life is 3-6 months. Actual 3-6 days if you own a iPhone.

Customer resolution: switch to an Android device.

Obviously this issue has been occurring for months and Fitbit continued selling. It appears the Zip is no longer for sale on their website but likely available at 100's of other retailers. Why isn't there a recall for a defective product? Nearly half of the US uses iPhones and the Zip has been draining batteries for months.

As a shareholder and first time customer, I'm super disappointed with the product and customer service resolution. Offer complimentary batteries until resolution or discounts to products within the family that work with iOS? Not cultivating customer retention.

Best Answer
I notified Fitbit of this problem over a year ago. It also occurs with Fitbit One, which is discontinued. But they have never solved the problem. I am not happy with Fitbit too.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes