Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bedtime reminder

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have set a schedule for sleep on the iOS app & my wake alarm goes off but I don't get a bedtime reminder. Anyone else find this?
Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

@MarcoGFitbit Thank you for getting back to me. I have it checked but it's still not sending me a bedtime notification. I even changed it once to a minute later (for example: right now, it's 5:26, I set it to 5:27) and it still didn't go off. Is there something I'm missing? Everything works fine but the bedtime and some notifications. Thanks!

sarah, usa | versa, charge hr (retired)
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I have tried your suggestion and I only see whatsapp and mail there. Pebble app was much more intuitive. I dont get anything from Twitter, or any other app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kavehse, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Thanks for taking the time to reply @sarah_lin8, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

@sarah_lin8, is your phone receiving the push notification for the bedtime reminder? If so, please make sure your Versa is syncing with your phone and that Bluetooth is turned on, if Bluetooth is off, you won't receive any notifications. If you have already checked this, please go to Account > Versa > Notifications > App Notifications and uncheck the box for Fitbit. Restart your phone, then go back and enable it again. 

@Kavehse, please remember that in order for an app to show in App Notifications, you should receive a push notification on your phone for that specific app first. Then, it will show under a list in Account > Versa/Ionic/Blaze > Notifications > App Notifications. In here you will be able to enable or disable the apps from which you would like to receive notifications from. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

We just got two devices, a versa and an ionic for myself and my wife.

I have tried every single setting. I have tried turning all notifications off then on and it still won't work.

Things I've tried:

- The settings in watch for notifications are set to on, even when sleeping.

- iOS Settings app is set to allow all notifications.

- In fitbit app, under the ionic/versa->notifications->app notifications fitbit is set to on.

- Sleep settings are set to remind us.

Please don't discard this message without testing on one of your own devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Dexterously, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to let me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Tell me, does your phone receive a push notification for the "bedtime reminder"? If so, please let me know so I can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit Thanks for your reply. So I did find that section, and it did help me a bit. But, and here is the challenge: For the same app, I don't get all notifications. Seems like the watch decides for itself which and when to show them. Sometime I get them at the same time (I am still talking about notifications for one particular app, say iMessage, or WhatsApp), and sometime I never get them, even though I cleary see on my phone that I am receiveing some. 

Has anyone else encountered something similiar? I am coming from a Pebble-watch, and on that, as soon as the notification was displayed on the phone, it was shown in the watch as well. But here, it is a sort of hit and miss. Any help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. I do get the notifications on the phone. Never on the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dexterously Do you get the notifications at random as well?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you go to Account on your Fitbit App, go to Fitbit Alta Hr - silent alarm

You can set up what times you want your fitbit to give a reminder in form of vibration. It works for me.

cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the problem with my bedtime reminders since I upgraded to the Versa. On my previous watch (Blaze) I was able to receive bedtime notifications on both my phone and watch. Since the upgrade I no longer get the notification on either the phone or the watch. I have worked through all of the suggestions and still have no success. What is my next option?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Filergj, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to report this situation to us. Would it be possible for you to reply to me with the following information? This will be very helpful to check this further:

• iPhone model you're currently using.
  • OS version running on your phone.
  • App version installed on your phone (go to Account > Help to get it)
  • Versa version (go to Account > Versa to get it)
  • Complete list of troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not a problem.

I am using the iPhone X, OS 12.1. The aApp version is 2.83 (804) and versa version is 32.12.19. I will do my best to recall and report the troubleshooting I have already done, but most of it are the item you would expect.

I have tried turning everything (phone and watch) off and on again
Made sure everything was as up-to-date as possible
Turned off/on Bluetooth
Turned notifications off/on (both for all things to the watch and for all things Fitbit)
-did above and restarted phone before turning back on
Adjusted phone setting to be sure the sleep notification was not being blocked by phone Do Not Disturb
Turned off/on sleep notification

I think that is most of the troubleshooting that I have done. I hope you can help me further. Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Filergj, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply with the information requested. Smiley Happy

Thanks for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes