Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze is not syncing properly with iPhone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every other day I have to troubleshoot & shut off phone, tracker, Bluetooth, put it on the charger, delete & reinstall my app, etc to get my new Blaze to Sync to my iPhone.  Are they going to create an update to fix this problem or is it mine that's faulty?  It's been up to date on all the updates so there is no reason to have to go through this.  I didn't have this problem with my HR2.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @MK23, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you've mentioned the troubleshooting steps you've already performed. In this case I would like to suggest you to set up your tracker as a new device in order to reset the connection between your tracker and your phone. Don't worry, none of the information previously stored in your account will be deleted. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings of your phone and check if your Blaze is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Restart your phone.
  3. Restart your tracker once again by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. 
  4. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  5. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  6. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any other suggestions?  I did this and it synced up nice for a day again & now I have to hold the two buttons to reset my blaze to get it to show up for my Bluetooth again.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening with my Fitbit One, several times a day. I do all the steps to get it working again, but then a few hours later it stops syncing again. It started happening after the last update. This is a big pain. I don't have the time to spend several times a day trying to get it going again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MK23, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply. It' nice to see you around too @momice

@MK23, your tracker don't show up in your Bluetooth devices as it does not sync directly through here. Once your tracker shows in this list it's because it has established a Bluetooth connection when you set up Notifications in it. However I would like to recommend you and @momice to enable All-day Sync to maintain a strong connection between the tracker and your phone, making it easier for the app to sync. 

To enable All-day Sync:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on Account
  2. Tap on your tracker 
  3. Scroll down and enable All-day Sync.
  4. Go back to the Dashboard and swipe down the app, once you release it the tracker will start syncing. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried it & I still need to restart my blaze for my iPhone to find it to sync.  I recently did a Fitbit update so I was waiting to see if it helped but it did not.  This is frustrating because I paid more money for this "higher tech" Fitbit & my HR2 sync'd effortlessly daily but this one requires troubleshooting every other day & the battery didn't last longer than the HR either.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with my Charge2--I have to go through all the steps to reset everything just to get it to sync; it works maybe for a day. I have this loaded on 3 devices (mac book, iPhone, & iPad Pro) so have to reset all of them.  I don't know what's changed, but this is getting ridiculous.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any other suggestions other than restarting it manually every time it needs to sync.  That is all that works so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes