Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Sharing - what is it used for?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone explain to me what Bluetooth Sharing is used for? I have a regular Charge 3 (no Fitbit Pay). The iOS app requires Bluetooth sharing to be enabled. None of my other iOS apps use Bluetooth Sharing.

My understanding is that Bluetooth Sharing allows apps to share data with other devices even when you're not using the apps. Why is it required in the Fitbit app?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Walker_73   I found this article on The Verge and it specifically mentions the Fitbit app at the bottom.  A good read that explains a lot about why my phone has been behaving the way it has since I upgraded to iOS 13.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@Walker_73   I found this article on The Verge and it specifically mentions the Fitbit app at the bottom.  A good read that explains a lot about why my phone has been behaving the way it has since I upgraded to iOS 13.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks LZeeW. Informative article. So yep, more of us being the product even after we pay for the hardware. It goes right along with the requirement that location services be "Always" on. This does not make me feel warm & fuzzy about Fitbit-Google.

Best Answer