Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth error when syncing with iPhone 11 Pro

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I try to sync my Fitbit with my new iPhone 11 pro with iOs13, it fails and gives the error message that I need to enable Bluetooth (even though Bluetooth is running). Turning off/on Bluetooth or closing the app doesn’t help.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
101 REPLIES 101

Thanks. This worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried everything under the sun to get my texts to come thru on my Versa. All other notifications in all other apps will show up, but not my texts. So frustrating. Apple needs to fix this ASAP!

Best Answer

It’s still not working for me either. I ended up getting an Apple Watch. 

Best Answer

Exactly the same thing. Have followed ALL trouble shooting...turn off Bluetooth, turn off Fitbit, turn on. I have removed the Ionic and now can’t reinstall it. Another epic fail by this crew. Hopefully they read and find a solution fast. My watch is linked to Qantas points and it is frustrating I am not meeting my goals, even though I am. 

Best Answer

I read your response, deleted it, now I can’t get it back. Bluetooth simply not working with the Fitbit.

Best Answer

what worked ? I can't see any of the replies.... 

But i upgraded my phone (apple 6s) to iOS 13 and now it won't sync with my Charge 2

keeps saying to sync with bluetooth - i turned it on and off - turned my fitbit on and off and nothing... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to turn off the Bluetooth and disconnect the Fitbit on my old iPhone so that it could pair with my new iPhone. 

Best Answer

Disconnect it from your old phones Bluetooth. (I even deleted the app from my old phone). Then connect it to your new phone. 

Best Answer

I did all that. Multiple times. My old phone is no longer connected to anything. I erased and reset it all and gave it to my daughter and it’s now connected to her Fitbit and iCloud. Everything else comes thru on my versa, all except texts. Emails, Facebook messages, weather app notifications, everything. It’s gotta be the OS. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was unable to connect any Bluetooth device until I turned off Bluetooth and WiFi on my old phone. Then it connected immediately on my new iPhone 11 pro. 

Best Answer

That worked for me!! Who knew the old phone wasn’t ‘releasing’ the  Fitbit device ( mine was a versa)

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me! I’ve been on 4 days and can’t pair my blaze with my phone. It’s really frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for this tip. I was doing the same thing. Turned off my old phone and it paired as quickly as ever. 

Best Answer

Just came across this thread.  Trying to setup my Fitbit One with my new Iphone 11 still keeps giving the "Turn on Bluetooth" message, even when turning off the old phone, turning on and off bluetooth etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the iPhone 11 and same problem, kind of. I get phone call notifications but not text messages. I have turned Bluetooth on and off several times. Uninstalled and Reinstalled the app, tried resetting Fitbit like they suggested, that didn’t work either, it wouldn’t reset. Hope they fix the issue soon. I like getting texts on my Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine works now!!  Fitbit released an update overnight I think, which I downloaded, and reset my Bluetooth again. Now I’m getting all notifications including texts!!

Best Answer

I was having the same issue with my new 11 phone. I went to my old phone and logged out of the Fitbit app then it started syncing on the new phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to change my message notifications to “show previews on unlocked screen” to get messages to come thru on Alta HR. I don’t like to receive messages this way, but if that’s the only way, I’ll have to. I hope an update changes this in the future.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

JcWhite, what device did you connect to the Iphone 11.  Mine is a long discontinued Fitbit One.  I have a feeling there is something about it that doesn't make it play nice with whatever bluetooth protocol Apple uses and I'm sure Fitbit is not going to investigate this.

Best Answer
0 Votes