Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth on all the time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have moved over from a charge HR to a Charge 2 and use iOS.  On my charge HR i didnt have phone notifications turned on all the time as i didnt like my tracker being connected to my phone all day, and i use bluetooth on my phone for other accessories and so the tracker only connected and disconnected automatically when i manually synced which is good.  However on my charge 2 I have disabled notifications but my tracker is always connected to my phone, is there a way around this so it only connects when i sync (like it did on my charge HR, and I dont want to have to turn my bluetooth on and off on my phone)

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@Scoobeedog Welcome to our Community! Have you tried disabling the All day Sync option on your mobile app (tap your tracker's icon in the top left corner and then select your tracker again and scroll all the way down to where it says All Day sync to disable it). This is the only thing I can think off that may cause a constant syncing between your tracker and your phone. If it is disable it will only sync when you open the app or force a sync (if you have Bluetooth on). If this is not the issue then please let me know more details so I can properly assist you.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlvaroFitbitThanks for your reply.  I dont have all day sync enabled anyway so this is not the cause. 

I will try and explain it a little more.

On my iPhone I have bluetooth enabled all the time but it isnt constantly connected to anything so its in like a "sleep" mode (BT symbol dull in top corner of the screen), when i had my fitbit charge and fitbit charge HR, I opened the app to sync my tracker and the BT feature would "wake up" and connect to my tracker (BT symbol would flash a few times and then stay on) and so syncing would happen automatically.  Once i have finshed syncing and exited the app after a few minutes the BT symbol would then go dull again and so go into "sleep" mode.  This is what also happens with my in car hands free kit.  So the BT would only be on during being connected to the device while it was syncing or connected to my in car hands free kit the rest of the time it would be in this "sleep" mode. 

However on my iPhone now the BT symbol is constantly lit up and so appears to be connected to my charge 2 all the time.  I was just wondering if i could set it up the same as it used to run with my old tracker as it will save my phone battery. On my charge 2 i dont have call notifications, text messages, calender notifications or all day sync enabled.

On the iPhones Bluetooth settings page the charge 2 shows connected and there is no option to forget or disconnect

Hope this all makes sense. 

Thanks

Paul

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the information @Scoobeedog. Keep in mind that if your bluetooth is connected, your tracker will announce the notifications you are receiving even if you don't have this feature on. If you don't use the bluetooth a lot, I recommend turning it off to avoid to receive notifications. 

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Oh i see that explains why then,  doesnt seem like a good feature that if you disable notifications to save battery power that it still actually stays connected and announces them, however you just dont see them.  Yes i use BT a lot as i use it to connect to my handsfree kit and my wireless headphones, thats why I always have my BT enabled, so things connect automatically

Thanks for your help 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes