Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break down of my Synching issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Spoiler
My FitBit app (iPhone) is not synching. It just says "looking" continually.  All-Day Sync is off, when I turn it on it says  Bluetooth Pairing Required.  When I hit Set up the button goes back to off position.  When I go to Bluetooth (which is on) it says Charge 2 "not connected"  when I press it I get "connection Unsuccessful -make sure charge 2 is turned on and in range.  It is on and on my wrist so I can't see how much more in range it can be.  Anyone know what to do?  Thanks.
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@AlexThom, I moved this thread to the iOS App Help Forum - users with iPhones will be able to provide more help here.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

@AlexThom, it sounds like you are trying to "pair" your Charge 2 tracker with your iPhone by using the phone's Bluetooth settings instead using the Fitbit app, is that correct?  It must be setup/paired using the Fitbit app, not the phone's Bluetooth.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay.  I don't really know how to tell it to do that.  It used to work, but doesn't now.  So I don't know how to tell it to just set up (or re-set up) through the Fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlexThom, I moved this thread to the iOS App Help Forum - users with iPhones will be able to provide more help here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let's look at Fitbits help site http://help.fitbit.com/?q=setup

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a charge HR and have been battling the same issue for the last week. Its a pain and I have tried to fix it in every way possible I could find through google, youtube, and this site. I have found that plugging the device into the charger and resetting it while in the bluetooth menu will eventually get it to connect so I can sync. However, it does not work the first time so it requires a bit of patience. Also, it is not a permanent fix. I have been having to do it daily. Extremely annoyed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@chefd93 is your Fitbit software up to date? Are you syncing through a computer, phone, iPad? 

As for the Bluetooth screen this should not matter since the Charge 2  does not have this screen. 

Have you tried restarting or even shutting down the device you sync through? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue my fitbit software is updated, and I sync through my iphone. I should have been more specific about the bluetooth screen. I go into the settings page on the phone and go to the bluetooth page. There it will show "Charge HR" and say "Not Connected" If I select the device it will attempt to connect before failing and telling me to make sure the device is on and in range. I then select the option to forget the device. After that I plug the Charge HR into the charger and reset it over and over until it eventually is picked up by the phone's bluetooth and shows "Connected"

Best Answer
0 Votes

If your using the phones Bluetooth settings page to pair your tracker, I believe you are doing it wrong. The instructions say that only the app is able to do this. On Android the tracker doesn't even need to show up in the list of Bluetooth devices when it syncs. It only needs to show when notifacations are enabled. Hopefully someone who knows more about ios will pop in. 

Now normally a restart of the tracker restart of the phone, or telling the Bluetooth to forget the device, then go to the app and do a sync. There should be no reason to pair it through the Bluetooth settings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue wrote:

@chefd93 is your Fitbit software up to date? Are you syncing through a computer, phone, iPad? As for the Bluetooth screen this should not matter since the Charge 2  does not have this screen. Have you tried restarting or even shutting down the device you sync through? 

I don't know if it's up to date.  I assume it is.  How would I find that out? I am synching via my iPhone, that that usually relays the info to this website as well (both have been extremely slow, like taking the whole day for the past two days). I deleted the app, then downloaded it again. Nothing changed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue wrote:

Now normally a restart of the tracker restart of the phone, or telling the Bluetooth to forget the device, then go to the app and do a sync. There should be no reason to pair it through the Bluetooth settings. 

Thanks, I'll try that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@chefd93 wrote:

@Rich_Laue   I plug the Charge HR into the charger and reset it over and over until it eventually is picked up by the phone's bluetooth and shows "Connected"

Maybe that is it.  I don't know how to reset the Charge 2 from the Charge 2 watch itself. I didn't know you could do that.  Or is the HR different than the Charge 2?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I deleted and reinstalled.  And it's working fine now.  Thanks everyone. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes