Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories remaining gone from new dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I agreed to the new dashboard and of course now I am regretting it. The calories remaining feature (which you used to get if you have set a weight loss goal) has disappeared. This was one of the most useful features. Please can you reinstate this? 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Paulus_NL 

You DO want to stick with what you called option one. 😃 You may have missed that once you enter your body weight goal your to tap “next” then the screen will move to “deficits”.... So go to the the “Nutrition & Body Goals” and then tap food. Then select “Help me set a goal” .... then enter your current weight and goal weight. Tap the “next” in the upper right corner. Here you pick a “plan intensity” (how slow or fast you want to go to reach your goal....I inserted an image so you can see it) Once you chose your intensity just tap which one you want. Then the next two screens are information only so you’ll just tap next then final screen tap done. Once you do all that your “calories left to eat for the day” will show in your food log. (Refer to my first image in this thread to see that) 😃 

Image of “Plan Intensity” screen:

D793B349-5F6F-45E6-A731-D53DD971CCBB.png

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hello @Megandmog instead of asking your fellow Fitbit users. You may want to post this in the Feature Suggestion board, which is setup to receive suggestions for improvements. 

Best Answer

Hey Rich, why would this be a suggestion? It was a feature that was available that is NO LONGER available in the new version. Is it true this is no longer available? Why would Fitbit worsen an interface instead of improving it?

Best Answer

Hello @Megandmog 

I’m sorry you can’t see the calories remaining in the new Dashboard but I can tell you how to see them on your Fitbit App. I know it’s not what you requested but it will help you see what you desire until the issue you are talking about can be possibly addressed in a future update. A lot of people say they can’t see it in the new Fitbit App after the update but I figured out a way you can. Here’s how:

Open your Fitbit app and tap your profile picture at upper left. Scroll down to Nutrition and Body Goals and tap that. Now look to the top of the screen...do you have a deficit set for yourself next to the word Food? If not add a deficit number (calories you want to cut each day) If you did have deficit number try to change it just a bit to toggle the app. My theory here is that if you don’t have an assigned deficit then it can’t predict calories left for the day. Want to try that?  😉 it works I promise ya. 

Please let me know if your happy with that solution 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is a screenshot of what it will look like:

A4933A01-962B-4AB1-8EC8-416A25423EA0.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey megabite I tried it, but unfortunately that does not work. There are 2 main differences. When I go to the body and nutrition goals it gives me 2 options. Option 1 is to get help in deciding the calories, but then the only thing I can enter is the body weight. Option 2 is to enter a specific number of calories. I don’t wanna do that cause that differs per day. As a trial I put in 1500 but than fitbit says I have eaten for that day 2456 of the 1500. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Paulus_NL I'm not saying one needs to have a suggestion. What I'm saying is if you have something to ask Fitbit for, you might not want to post on the area that is setup for users to help users. Changing the way the app does somrlerhingvis beyond the ability of the common Fitbit user. 

Best Answer

Hello @Paulus_NL 

You DO want to stick with what you called option one. 😃 You may have missed that once you enter your body weight goal your to tap “next” then the screen will move to “deficits”.... So go to the the “Nutrition & Body Goals” and then tap food. Then select “Help me set a goal” .... then enter your current weight and goal weight. Tap the “next” in the upper right corner. Here you pick a “plan intensity” (how slow or fast you want to go to reach your goal....I inserted an image so you can see it) Once you chose your intensity just tap which one you want. Then the next two screens are information only so you’ll just tap next then final screen tap done. Once you do all that your “calories left to eat for the day” will show in your food log. (Refer to my first image in this thread to see that) 😃 

Image of “Plan Intensity” screen:

D793B349-5F6F-45E6-A731-D53DD971CCBB.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Megabite thanks for taking the time and yes that seems to be working now 🙂

Thanks so much for your help.

Best Answer

😃 I’m super happy this provides you with a solution @Paulus_NL 

Happy Stepping!!

Best Answer
0 Votes