Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find "Advanced Settings"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since I’ve updated my Fitbit Software 22.55.2,

the icon that takes me into my account is gone. I need to adjust my stride length. How do I get into my account now? When I click on the Charge 2 icon, it just takes me to handednrss, right, left, clockface etc. I’ve gone into all and cannot find advanced settings. Thank you in advance.... Darlene 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @YDS. Thank you for your reply, @azs2

@azs2 You can change your Stride Length by doing the following in the Fitbit app:

1. Tap the Today tab, and tap your profile picture on the top left. 

2. Tap Activity & Wellness.

3. Tap Exercise.

4. Swipe up and tap Stride Length.

5. Adjust your Stride Length.

@YDS I understand how frustrating this is for you and appreciate your feedback as it helps us to keep improving. Thank you for sharing your solution, I am sure this information will be helpful to other users. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

Hey there @DarleneS, it's nice to see you around the forums! To change your stride length:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap or click Advanced Settings.
  3. Tap or click Stride Length.
  4. Adjust your stride length.

PS: I moved your post to the iOS Board as there are more chances for you to get an answer here to your inquiry!

I'll be around if you need further assistance.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Since the software update, the account icon isn’t there anymore.
Darlene

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Can you please send me a screen shot showing what you're getting when clicking on the account option?

In the meantime, I'd recommend doing the following:

• Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

Looking forward to your response @DarleneS.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@DarleneS -

Some people are reporting that the icon is not truly missing, just invisible. Tap the upper right of the main dashboard screen just above the share icon and level with the Fitbit logo.

To show what I mean, on my iPhone, which still shows the account icon:

Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 7.52.15 PM.png

Both iPhone and Android users have been reporting this issue.

Good luck.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
It is invisible.....🙂.
Thank you,
Darlene

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, it is invisable! 😀

Darlene

Best Answer
0 Votes

3A4FD8F0-FF24-4165-89B1-EB8C9995C210.png

Here he is my screen 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still can’t find “advanced settings”.  I am clicking on the account logo in the upper right corner of the screen.

Best Answer

@Greg25  When you tap on the Account icon, the next page shows your account name and connected devices at the top.  Scroll down to the bottom of the page -- near the bottom, you will see SETTINGS -- Advanced Settings are at the bottom of that group.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Charge3  is the first smart watch I have had. It is cr*P. I went to Australia in may and it took 2 weeks to adjust to the time zone change. Now in eastern time usa and same issue. Have done everything I did before. It still shows UK time. Have logged out of the app. Restarted iphone (ios 12.4). Rebooted the watch. Time still shows UK time. But phone updated on about 30 seconds of landing. There is no ADVANCED option in the app to force change the tz. Why is this so bollock*s?  Changing tz is hardly an unusual thing to do. 

Best Answer

Charge3  is the first smart watch I have had. Not impressed. I went to Australia in may and it took 2 weeks to adjust to the time zone change. Now in eastern time usa and same issue. Have done everything I did before. It still shows UK time. Have logged out of the app. Restarted iphone (ios 12.4). Rebooted the watch. Time still shows UK time. But phone updated on about 30 seconds of landing. There is no ADVANCED option in the app to force change the tz. Why is this so difficult? Changing tz is hardly an unusual thing to do. My wife has same watch and same ios release but older phone . No advanced option either but it did adjust the time. Same firmware

Best Answer

A few weeks ago I noticed that my Fitbit suddenly started to register a low number of steps and miles.  Only 11000 steps and 5 miles were registered after an 8 mile, 2hr 30minute walk. 

I had previously calculated my pace at 2130 steps per mile, or 17000 steps over 8 miles.

so my Fitbit is approximately 65% inaccurate.

I googled instructions for checking and adjusting my stride and was instructed to go to "Account" and then select "Advanced Settings".  In short, there is not such selection.

Please help!

Best Answer

Hello @Bobcleland and welcome to the Help forums.  The app dashboard appearance changed since this thread was started.  Tap on your profile picture in the upper left and you will be on the Account page.  Scroll to the bottom of the screen and you will find the Advanced Settings option.

But I don't think that changing your stride length will help.  11000 steps in 5 miles is about the same ratio as 17000 steps in 8 miles.  It sounds like your Fitbit is undercounting your steps.  Really undercounting your steps.  What model Fitbit are you wearing?  

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally agree with your conclusions related to setting the time is not intuitive. Which as you have said, it is a very common thing, if not the most common feature, required on any watch; smart or dumb. I am unsure if it is the software is the problem. As another person commented the submenus appear very limited in what you can do with this device. I have the Ionic for about 12 days now. Unfortunately I let the battery go to zero (0%) percent. Immediately did not notice after recharging that the time was 1 hour behind until I was going to check the weather about 5 hours later, when I noticed that it was gone The location was gone.  I tried resetting the watch.Nothing. The phone Fitbit app could not even find my Ionic. After about 2 hours of fiddling with it,  I turned off my Google (Android) phone. Viola, Fitbit app found the Fitbit! I attempted to a software update, app continued to update. After about 20 minutes I had a 'done' message on my phone. I looked at the Fitbit and the time was right on the money with phone and Mac.  So I guess I will have to hold off on writing a negative review until I need to come here again.  LOL. Now. But not 3 hours ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes

there is no advanced settings on my app

Best Answer

not on my app

Best Answer
My post about finding the advanced settings was several years ago and numerous Versions ago.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @azs2 and welcome to the Help forums.  This is an older thread and the directions don't seem to apply to the current app version.  I can't find them either.  I am bringing this to Fitbit's attention.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer