Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open anything in app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Long time user. This is the second time this has happened.

I was tracking a GPS activity. At some point I paused, then when I was ready to resume the activity/progress was gone and I was back to the home screen of the app. I was no longer able to open any of the options (exercise, heart rate, sleep, nothing). I click but nothing happens.

I removed the app, reinstalled it, and it worked again. I started tracking the rest of my exercise, but when I was finished and ready to save, the app was back on the home screen and I lost my activity/progress once again (but this time without even having the option to pause or finish). The app is back to not working, I can't open any of the options.

This happened a few months ago as well. What's up with this? 

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Me too. Same situation.

Best Answer

Few days later, still having the same problem. The app is completely unreliable to track any exercise right now. Today it happened again. I was tracking an exercise, I checked regularly and everything looked perfectly fine, until suddenly it looks like the app is reloading and I'm brought back to the main screen and cannot open anything any more.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am a newer Fitbit user and finally remembered to use the tracking for a trail walk today. Open, started, accidentally closed while opening another app on my phone and now nothing in the app will open. But I also remembered sleep wouldn’t open this morning. I’m going to delete a reload the app and see what happens. 

Best Answer

I deleted my app, reinstalled and logged in. All of my data was there including my walk today and I was able to open each category again. Hope that helps.

Best Answer

Yes - I did that in the end and now all good! Cheers!

Best Answer

Exactly the same happened to me GPS tracked bike ride, accidentally paused midway and now can’t go into any of the touch screen function - plus it didn’t record how far I’d gone/any of the GPS data. Will try deleting app and reinstalling. Very annoying. 

Best Answer

At least once a week the app freezes up and stops tracking and won’t let me enter info such as water intake

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having issues checking my stats and adding exercises (exercise, sleep, etc) on my app dashboard. Today in the middle of my run the app closed. When I opened it I was unable to track my exercise. I’m still unable to click on the icons to check my activity and my sleep. I’ve restarted my phone and synced my versa. 

Best Answer

I’ve just done a run and wanted to see how much I had done but when I open the app, it has been logged but I can’t open to see how long I’ve done or much I’ve stepped or slept 

Best Answer

Hello,

This morning I was able to log food as well as water consumption. This afternoon, after my exercise the touch screen seems to be blocked, impossible to log anything. I have already switched off an d on my iPhone, no result!!!

Please help.

Best regards

Carol

Best Answer

I updated my iPhone and am unable to log water intake, exercise, food, look at sleep score, or weight loss. Anyone else with this issue, I logged out and signed back in and it started working again. 

Best Answer

I have recently noticed the IOS app will crash while recording exercise. This happens after starting an exercise by selecting the plus on the exercise tile. I believe this is happening when the app is running in the background. Following the crash and a restart of both the app and the iPhone all tiles in the app are non responsive, I have to log out and back in to restore functionality.

Best Answer

Identical problem associated with run tracking and only solved by deletion and reinstallation of the app. This is only a problem since the latest update. Please fix ASAP! 

Best Answer

Problem recurs after reinstallation if a run is tracked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Alta was working fine but stopped tracking mid exercise today and now I’m also unable to enter food, water, exercise etc so can only view my dashboard. Anyone experience the same?

Best Answer

Hi everyone. It's nice to see you around the Community Forums. Welcome to our new friends! I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks to everyone for reporting this issues with the Fitbit app, as well for every step tried prior posting to get your tiles working again. This shouldn't be happening and even though you've been troubleshooting the Fitbit app, please give one last try to the following steps in the given order:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. See this help article for instructions.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app as described here.
  4. Reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app, log back in and try using the tiles one more time.

If the same keeps happening, please provide me with your phone's model, OS version and Fitbit app version so I can further investigate on my end. By the way, I’ve moved your posts to this new thread so we can keep our forums organized.

I look forward to your response.

Best Answer