Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set up or sync Charge 3 on iPhone XR

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 3, which needs to be removed and re-set up often and now will not set up at all on iPhone XR.  Phone and tracker have current updates, phone has been shut down and rebooted, app deleted and reinstalled, both phone and tracker are fully charged, Bluetooth turned off and on, spent time in chat with advisor who had me setup device on my tablet but that isn't a solution since I cannot carry my tablet around with me everywhere I go.  I retrieved my old Blaze and it still sets up, so it seems unlikely that the fault lies in the phone.  Tracker was purchased this year ('20) and has had to be removed and set up perhaps 20 times previously.  I've read through some of the suggestions and haven't seen anything that I haven't tried already (in some cases several times).  I'd like to avoid having to call and deal with automatic switchboard.  Any useful suggestions? Thank-you in advance.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @wrw921.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the difficulty you're experiencing with syncing your Charge 3 to your iPhone XR. Thank you for trying to resolve this and providing the additional details. I understand how you are feeling and I am glad to assist you. I appreciate the information that you were able to set up the tracker using your tablet, thank you for contacting our Support team and working with them. I recommend making sure your tablet isn't nearby when trying to sync to your iPhone. If the tablet is nearby, you can turn off Bluetooth on it. If you receive notifications from your tablet on your Fitbit device, you'll need to disable the Bluetooth bond between your tablet and Fitbit device before using a different phone. Please try the following on your phone and tablet:

1. On your tablet and phone, tap Settings > Bluetooth > the information icon next to the name of your Fitbit device > Forget This Device.

2. Force quit the Fitbit app on your phone and reboot your phone.

3. Open the Fitbit app on your phone and set up the connection again. You should receive a message asking you to allow your Fitbit device to pair with your phone.

4. Tap Pair to approve the request.

You can confirm the complete troubleshooting instructions at Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @wrw921.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the difficulty you're experiencing with syncing your Charge 3 to your iPhone XR. Thank you for trying to resolve this and providing the additional details. I understand how you are feeling and I am glad to assist you. I appreciate the information that you were able to set up the tracker using your tablet, thank you for contacting our Support team and working with them. I recommend making sure your tablet isn't nearby when trying to sync to your iPhone. If the tablet is nearby, you can turn off Bluetooth on it. If you receive notifications from your tablet on your Fitbit device, you'll need to disable the Bluetooth bond between your tablet and Fitbit device before using a different phone. Please try the following on your phone and tablet:

1. On your tablet and phone, tap Settings > Bluetooth > the information icon next to the name of your Fitbit device > Forget This Device.

2. Force quit the Fitbit app on your phone and reboot your phone.

3. Open the Fitbit app on your phone and set up the connection again. You should receive a message asking you to allow your Fitbit device to pair with your phone.

4. Tap Pair to approve the request.

You can confirm the complete troubleshooting instructions at Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Seems to be working fine now, thank-you.
Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @wrw921.

I am glad to hear the issue is resolved. Thank you for posting the update here!

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, make new friends and create new topics.

Keep on visiting the forums. Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes