Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up Alta HR with iPhone 5S

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can’t seem to figure out how to setup my Fitbit Alta HR to my IPhone 5S, I know it’s compatible with the Fitbit, I also can’t seem to get my phone to find the Fitbit either thru Bluetooth.

i need help with the initial setup of it because I can’t seem to figure it out at all.

I touch my Fitbit and it says ‘www.fitbit.com/setup’, my issue is that I can’t seem to get my phone nor computer to sync with my Fitbit.

can someone please help me? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi

When setting up the Fitbit on the phone, the Fitbit App is required. This can be downloaded for free if not already done from the App Store.

The tracker isnt required to be connected through bluetooth on the phone directly, when setting up the tracker, the app takes care about the connection between the tracker and the phone.

Feel free to restart your Fitbit Device and your phone: How do I restart my Fitbit Device?

To setup your Fitbit Alta,  How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Hope it helps
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Tiara2345, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you around @SunsetRunner, thanks for all your help. 

@Tiara2345, as @SunsetRunner, your tracker does not pair nor sync through the Bluetooth Settings on your phone but through the Fitbit app. If you have already followed the steps in the link provided by @SunsetRunner and your device is still not syncing, please try the following:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal and that there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  3. Restart your Alta HR
  4. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet and try to set up again.
  5. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone or tablet and try to set up the Alta HR one more time. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also, my Fitbit says ‘www.fitbit.com/setup’ , and that’s it. 

Obviously it’s on, but I can’t do anything if i don’t know how to set it up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is the Fitbit App installed on the phone? It can be downloaded from the official iOS App Store.

After logged in to the Fitbit App, tap the upper right icon at the top, it has a circle and a few lines.. this opens the account settings page.

Theres a option:

+ Setup A Device.

Tap and follow on screen instructions to setup your little friend. 😉

Hope it helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Tiara2345, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. It's nice to see you too @SunsetRunner, thanks for your help. 

@Tiara2345, as @SunsetRunner mentioned, if you haven't download the app, please go by going to the App Store. After you have downloaded the app, follow these steps to set up your tracker:

1. Log in to your account or create a new one from the app. 
  2. Once in the Dashboard tap on the top right corner icon which is the Account icon.
  3. Tap on "Set up a New Device"
  4. Select your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes