Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Add Friends via App nor by Email - Able to receive Friend Requests

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since Sunday May 14 I have been unable to Add Friends via the Fitbit App as well as via entering their email addresses.  Friends do not receive notifications for invites and the Add Friend Button goes from Add Friend > Friend Request Sent > Add Friend instantly with recipient never receiving invite.  Opened a case with Customer Support and am not getting anywhere.  Have Uninstalled App on both iPhone 7 Plus and iPad Air 2 and reinstalled, been advised by Support that I am no where near cap for maximum number of friends - which makes sense since others can add me still.  Latest Updates installed in both devices, have disconnected Charge 2 and Paired up device still no luck.  Cant believe I'm the only one with this issue - Help is welcomed.  Thanks in advance

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Frosty8586, thanks for joining us, it's nice to see you around Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting me know about that you have already contacted our Support Team. Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. I checked your case and noticed our team has already sent you a reply. 

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the response Marco but to be honest the only reply I've received from the Support teams are the obligatory follow up email acknowledging that I spoke with them in the phone - there has not been any contact by the Technical Support /Engineers acknowledging they are even aware of the issue and / or are working on a solution since I initiated this trouble ticket a week ago.  Another member of this forum had alerted them if this situation back on 4/28/2017 and no solution or contact has been made since then regarding resolution.  Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Marco 

any uplates on this issue?

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Frosty8586, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for replying.

At this moment I don't have information about when this issue will be fixed, I understand how important this is for you and I would like to suggest you to please keep an eye on future updates, as you've noticed we constantly update the Fitbit app where we address issues like these. Additionally, if I get more information about this specific situation, I'll make sure to update this thread.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's my hard bderstanding that there are some over on the Fitbit Community Boards who have called into Customer Service to report the exact issue in this thread after the date I have and they have been told it's not a known issue however when I logged my last call to Customer Service a week ago today the so called Manager told me Fitbit passed around a release documenting this is a known issue - so which is it and why is Customer Support not providing accurate information to its Customers?  Also as a side note when I asked the so called Customer Support Manager to read the document he could not and was paraphrasing leaving me to believe no such release had been distributed.  Customers just want truth and timely updates - not to be deceived - would be interested in hearing the truth ...

Best Answer