Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot log into the Fitbit app, just on website

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just "inherited" a Fitbit from my son and have been trying to get it setup.

I created a Fitbit account on the web and can successfully log-into and -out of my account there. Whenever I try to login via the just-downloaded Fitbit iOS app (v3.29,) to start setup, I always get "Please check that your email and password are correct."

Yes, they are correct and are the same as those which I successfully use on Fitbit website.

Considering the possibility that it takes a few minutes for for records to trickle-down from one server to another, I've given it over one hour with no change in the issue.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the app. No change.

My device is an iPhone 6 running iOS v12.4.8, which is supported by the app.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @dacker. Welcome to the Community Forums.

It's great that you have a Fitbit device and thanks for efforts while trying to log in to your Fitbit account. It's odd that you're able to log in the website but not on the app. While you might have done it correctly, could you please confirm if the Log In option was selected and not Join? Although you've try some steps prior to posting, give a try to the following:

1. On the Fitbit app try resetting your password. Check this help article for further instructions.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and try logging with your email address and new password.

I'll look forward to your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your response.

First thing this morning I tried logging-in again with the iOS app and it worked the first time. Go figure.

I think my trickle-down theory might be right. 😉

Rick
Best Answer

Hi @dacker. I hope you're doing well.

Thanks for the update and for giving it one more tried. I'm glad you were able to log in to your Fitbit account and hope you enjoy the experience with your Fitbit device.

In case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

See you around! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes