Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app draining iPhone 6s battery, locations services and accuracy concerns

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

I have a fitbit charge 3 and an iphone 6s. Recently I have noticed a huge increase in the battery usage of the fitbit app, it constantly is refreshing in the background, even though I have turned that feature off. I am having to charge my phone a lot more frequently as a result of this. Any ideas on how to stop this? 

The other question I have is that I have always had my fitbit app set to use location services when in use. Now I have not choice but to set it to ‘always’. Why is this? I cannot say it has improved the accuracy of my steps/distance, in fact the opposite. Today for example I have done 7800 steps but only 2.77km. That cannot be true. Any ideas on this? 

Thanks

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Donnatremayne.

Let me help you with your Fitbit app draining your iPhone's battery. Thanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to help. I recommend trying the following:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app on your phone.

2. If possible, turn off Bluetooth on your phone and turn on when you need to sync.

3. Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. For instructions, see this help article.

Regarding your concern about the "Location Services" setting, please go to your iPhone Settings > Fitbit > Location Services and check if you see other options for this setting. 

If you feel that your step count or distance are inaccurate, confirm the following are correct in the Fitbit app:

For more tips about improving accuracy, see What are some tips to make sure my Fitbit daily activity is accurate? You can find more information about accuracy of Fitbit devices here.

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes