Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set up Fitbit charge on ios 11

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to iOS 11 2 nights ago. Since I haven’t been able sync my Fitbit charge. I have restarted it, deleted it off my app, and even tried factory resetting and it isn’t syncing. I have the updated version of the app and my charge is up to the lastest version and I’m getting really frustrated with not being able to check my stats on my phone. 

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

Same here. Since update to ios11 Fitbit app saying Bluetooth is off on the phone - when it clearly isnt !!

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue with my Charge HR. It will not sync and the lights underneath stay on constantly and it runs the battery out in less than 24 hours. 

Best Answer

Same as mine. After upgrading to iOS 11, my charge 2 won't sync in noting that my phone's bluetooth is turn off while in the settings the two have paired. After deleting my fitbit in my account and restarting my phone many times (I even restarted the tracker) yet I'm stuck at the "I agree" screen of the app. 😞

Best Answer

Same here, new Ios 11 phone and it wont see my flex 2 which worked fine with my prevoius iphone... come on fitbit, get this fixed!

Best Answer

Me too.  App says it is looking for charge 2.  Never finds it. Asks to check if the charge 2 is powered on (it is).   I tried to setup a new charge2 and same happens.  This is one a new iphone8 plus with ios11

Best Answer

Same here.

Best Answer

Same. I just bought this today. Gives the code to initialize and then says “can’t connect to Fitbit.” Very disappointing. I hope this is fixed soon or I will have to return. 

Best Answer

Maybe a fix:   I still had Bluetooth enabled on my old iPhone. When I got my new iPhone I didn’t turn off the old iPhone Bluetooth. When the new phone could not sync with the fit bit, I turned off the Bluetooth on the old phone and the new phone synced correctly. So I assume this is the reason that the new iPhone and iOS 11 didn’t work at first.

Best Answer

I didn’t get a new phone. I just updated the software...

Best Answer

I took it back and exchanged it for another, hoping I had just gotten a bad “bit.” No problems with linking/syncing this time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone 6 and I had to make sure all other bluetooth devices close by were "off". Do a hard boot of your phone and then re set your Charge 2 while its in the charging cradle(hold the side button till the logo appears). Remove from charging cradle. Add a new device through the app and set up like a new device. This is what worked for me and it took a day to figure it out! Good luck

Best Answer

Same here after iOS 11 with iPhone 5S.  Followed Kevin78's advice and all is good.  So ..... good luck!

(Deleted fitbit fm bluetooth  -  rebooted phone  -  plugged in fitbit held button down to reset, let it turn back on - phone bluetooth found fitbit  -  fitbit app sync'd -  all good. )  Only lost this mornings steps though.

Best Answer

I had the same issue with no syncing after installing iOS 11 on iPhone 7. I turned off the WiFi and shut the phone off. Turned the phone back on, turned WiFi on, and everything’s fine now. No lost steps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

After updating to ios11 I can’t set up my charge2, I’m stuck @ i agree!!!!

Best Answer

Well, my fix didn’t work for long. Not syncing again. I also updated my Fitbit app today. Not sure which is the problem!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is working fine now. I didn't know what happened but when I tried to open the fitbit app to delete the Charge 2 in my account, it automatically searched my fitbit and synched accordingly. Weird since I didn't receive any app update on apple store nor firmware upgrade from my charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m good now also. I didn’t realize that when I updated my iPad to iOS 11 it somehow turned the Bluetooth on. Guess my Charge 2 was trying to sync to phone and iPad. Once I turned The Bluetooth off on the iPad I was able to sync to my phone again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the scoop! I'll keep your process in mind if it happens again
as it would be nice not to lose those steps!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done the exact same things...come in y’all!! Please help us out 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes