Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cardio fitness score suddenly dropped

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am a religious user of my fitbit charge 2, and I noticed recently that my cardio fitness score had dropped like 6-8 points. 

I have been frustrated with my score because it has not changed in the several months since I first set it. Now, it's even telling me you go on a 10 minute run to set my score like it did when  first bought my device. 

My theory is that the app has trouble calculating my score because my workouts are typically playing pick-up basketball or taking fitness classes - I rarely go on runs that I track with GPS.  Improving my cardio score has been a goal, but not seeing any changes, then seeing it abruptly drop, has been frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Notfrench, Fitbit are very clear that the only way to calculate this accurately is if you do a 10 minute run using GPS on flat ground (ideally several times).

If you don't do that it will still attempt to estimate your score; however it may very well be inaccurate.  It sounds to me like this is what has happened to you.

If you would like to have an accurate indication you will need to use it as designed, hopefully, as I mentioned, two or three times.  Then you should have a baseline.  After that you can repeat the exercise every few months to check on your progress.  Quite probably the inbetween updates, if any, may not accurately reflect your actual score.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
118 REPLIES 118

Hi, @Notfrench, Fitbit are very clear that the only way to calculate this accurately is if you do a 10 minute run using GPS on flat ground (ideally several times).

If you don't do that it will still attempt to estimate your score; however it may very well be inaccurate.  It sounds to me like this is what has happened to you.

If you would like to have an accurate indication you will need to use it as designed, hopefully, as I mentioned, two or three times.  Then you should have a baseline.  After that you can repeat the exercise every few months to check on your progress.  Quite probably the inbetween updates, if any, may not accurately reflect your actual score.

Best Answer

Okay, cool! Thanks for the response. I think this is probably my problem - I haven't gone on a run like that in a few months. Thanks, and I will try to factor that into my routine so I can get a more accurate score!

Best Answer

I've had my Fitbit Charge 2 since last December and my Cardio Fitness Score was in the Very Good Range and was increasing within this zone. I've always run with it since purchase. This past week I've run several times. At first it dropped by 2 points and checking it tonight I've now dropped into the Good zone. I recorded one of my fastest runs this week and had a good steady 30 minute run this evening. It seems very inaccurate to me. As I'm getting fitter and faster my Cardio Fitness Score is decreasing. 

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. When I bought my charge 2 my fitness level was 45 and I improved running 4 miles every Saturday and 4 miles every Sunday to a 49 level. I was very happy. Now I started doing spinning three times a week for three weeks.  I noticed my level dropped to 48 and today after my 4 miles run it dropped to 46. It's upsetting. I dont know what I'm doing wrong. I use my Fitbit all the time.  I'm 46 years  old and  5'10" weight 130 lbs. Any ideas ? 😕

Best Answer

Mine just took a nose dive from 44 which is borderline excellent to 33 which is barely average. How can I run 2 miles, be well within my weight limit, and have a resting heart rate if 53? I don't know of any lower average person that can claim those things. Really frustrating. 

Best Answer

I've had the same thing happen- so also hoping for an answer. 

Best Answer

Did you figure this out?? Same thing happened to me and I work out ALL the time !

Best Answer

Same this happened to me, from 44 to 36!! And I am exercising the same way as usual, I don't understand what happened! I am a female, 39 years old, average heart rate 64.... 

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me, just.noticed this - from 44 to 34, and resting heart rate at 63.  Something's amiss.

Best Answer

Look like a lot of people have the same problem, mine drop from 49 to 34 we no major change in my training regiment or performance ?

Best Answer

and I run with GPS 3 times a week

Best Answer

Same here... Dropped from 44 to 35 for no reason.

Also, this may or may not be related and maybe other can check this too... my calorie burn goal on my dashboard seems to have automatically changed to be set quite high to 3500 odd and/or how it calculates my daily burn has significantly changed.  I am now no longer hitting my target for a full green dashboard even with the same level of activity.  I'm like 300-500 calories down each day.  

Have some parameters or algorithms been changed recently?

Very annoying!

Best Answer
I think figure out what happen for my cardio score. I run on a treadmill and hit the run button instead of the treadmills button so I basically run for 20 min to cover 5 feet. Once I delete that run it went back to 45.
Best Answer

Exact same thing happened to me! My cardio fit score dropped from 46 to 30!

Best Answer

My score is dropping too! I don't get it? I do bootcamp 3 nights a week and run (with GPS  tracking) 4 times a week?? How can my score be getting worse, but my resting heart rate getting better?? It doesnt make sense!

Best Answer

Hi, @DonnaLomax, it isn't all about resting HR but also HR while you are running.  The reason it may be dropping is that the more runs you do, the more the program is able to fine tune your score and get more accurate.  I would not worry too much... If you keep isong the program it will probably stabilize and then begin to reflect your improvements.

Also, be aware, that your body won't always perform the same way... You might be recovering from a previous long run, or be coming down with something, or for some other reason just not be up to parr, even several runs in a row.

I've run a marathon, so I know that training is a long term activity and your results will vary.  Keep at it and you will gradually improve.

Best Answer
Hi, 
I am currently training for Blackpool marathon, so my pace varies with my training program, it's just frustrating seeing my score drop, yet I feel fitter than ever 

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Best Answer

@DonnaLomax, and you are almost certainly fitter than ever!  Your Fitbit is just calibrating itself .  The important thing is to listen to your body.  Your Fitbit is a great tool, and I wish I had one when I ran the London, but it is only a tool.  You are the master engineer.  You know how you feel, and you know best.

Best Answer

Hi! A lot of people here have complained about Cardio Fitness Level suddenly dropping. I used my Fitbit regularly and my score was about 42-46 and now it has dropped to POOR 26!? And it shows I could improve it by a few points only if I do more exercise, but I have been running and training 2-3 times per week, so I cannot really see how it is possible it suddenly got so poor?

Really looking for an answer to this, please!

Thanks!

Best Answer