Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Challenges - can't see some friends.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I am trying to invite some of my friends to a challenge but it's not showing them all in the challenge section. I have checked and they are all active with a Fitbit and have downloaded the app. Any ideas why they aren't showing in the challenge invitation section?
Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

@Jbisset Welcome to the Fitbit Community!

Your friends have a 24 hour window to accept the Challenge and will only show on your Challenge tab after they accept. Also, you can invite people mid-Challenge (ie Wednesday on a Workweek Hustle) and their steps will count retroactively. Click here for more info on Challenges.

Hope this helps!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

My problem is that when I select a challenge and then try to invite friends, some of my exisitng friends (who show up in the friends tab of the app) DO NOT show up as options to invite within the challenge.  Out of my 20 or so friends, only 14 show up as people I can event invite to the challenge.  Is there some kind of setting that is keeping them hidden?

Best Answer

@Jbisset If you are Fitbit friends you should be able to invite them, and the friends you invite can in turn invite other people to participate. 

To get more context, how many people are in your Challenge? What's important to note is that up to 10 people can participate in each Challenge.

Also, when you are inviting people to participate in a Challenge at the very bottom of that page, is there a 'show inactive' button? It's possible that some of your friends haven't been wearing their trackers or haven't synced for a while.

Hope this answers your question. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My problem is that some of my current and active Ftibit friends do not show up as options in a Challenge when I click Add Players.  I did check the inactive list and they are not there either.  Attached are 2 different screen shots from my phone.  One of them shows my current friends who are active.  I drew red arrows next to at least 4 of them who do not show up in a challenge for Add Players. I've attached a second screen shot that shows the Add Players options which is very limited.  Thanks for your help.fitbitfriends.jpg

fitbitchallenge.jpg

Best Answer

I'm having this exact problem. Did you ever figure out how to fix it?

Best Answer
No, I never got a solution. Sorry. Let me know if you hear anything.
Best Answer

@Jbisset Apologies for the delay! @McQuade007 First, I would recommend Making sure that you are both using version 2.23.1 of the Fitbit iOS App that was released this morning. Click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

My guess is that your friends may have their friend rankings in their Fitbit profile settings set to 'Hide Me'. I would recommend suggesting to your friends that they double check their profile settings that their profiles are set to 'Show me'.

Hope this helps you both out!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still having this problem and everyone is updated, what is going on? Can someone please fix this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem, but my new friends are under inactive; and I am under their inactive, but we all have activity and some are participating in other challenges. I was able to send them an invite. We tested and one did accept. We still do not know why we show up as inactive for each other, especially because we are syncing.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. My mom and I are trying to challenge each other. She can challenge me, but when I try to start a challenge with her, her name simply doesn't appear. I tried to find the "hide me" option you said might be activated on her end and don't see that option .anywhere in her profile settings either. 

Best Answer

Hello @TriErica, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. At this moment, I would like to ask you and your mom to go to the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Privacy and make sure "My Friends" is set to "Friends". If this information has been set as "Private", you will not be able to see each other in Challenges. 

After saving this setting, force-quit the app and open it again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

For this forum, I reset my password (couldn’t remember it).

Fitbit App needed me to sign in again. Strange enough, my friends name was back to join a different challenge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a common problem.  With respect, the moderator is completely missing the issue.  I have over 1200 friends on Fitbit.  Sometimes when I try to invite on a challenge, only one or two dozen show up.  Can be very frustrating.  None of his suggested fixes apply.  

Best Answer

For anyone looking at this in 2021, I had this same problem. I just logged out of the app then logged in again and all my missing friends (who were active and already friends w me) appeared, weird haha but glad it worked

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Welcome! It's great to see you around @delsi

Thanks for taking the time to share what you've experienced with your friends in the Fitbit app. I appreciate your findings and workaround, it's great to hear that it worked for you, and I hope this is helpful for any other user.

See you around.

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes