Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Connected GPS not working with iOS 11

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Doesnt work with iOS 11, anyone else having similar problems?

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55
It is really a disaster!
GPS worked the last time during a bikeride. Today a long walk, but NO, it
is not working. I tried everything!
Now I am home, try something and it is working again.

This is not funny anymore!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you delete and reinstall the APP? That’s what worked for me. Updating it was not enough. No problems since.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Open your phone. Open the Fitbit app. Let it sync. Leave app open. Push button on Fitbit until you get to Run, then hold button to start. Turn phone off. Run.

But see my other post about deleting the app and reinstalling if it never works for you. Since I reinstalled the app on my phone, I have no problems unless I forget to open the FB app first. Then I just have to wait while it syncs.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, I've tried syncing the app and Charge 2 then leaving the app open while I tried to start a GPS paired walk/run from my Charge 2. 

Unpairing the Charge 2 (deleting it from the app and from the list of bluetooth devices on the phone) and adding it back worked once and considering how long it takes to get all the settings back from default is not worth doing twice a day to get the paired GPS to work for me.

Especially considering the paired GPS was working without any trouble for MONTHS until it suddenly stopped.  This is a software issue that needs to be fixed.

After the last Fitbit app update I've noticed that just normal syncing with my Charge 2 has become wonky.  A few times it sat there acting like it was trying to sync, then showed the icon that it lost connecting to my Charge 2, then tried again, then lost it, even though it was on the wrist of the hand holding the phone.  I had to restart the phone to get it to sync my steps.

Sadly it seems like every "update" to the app the sync functionality is getting worse.  I hope the engineers get this figured out soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have deleted the app, twice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marco, 

i’ve tried your steps and also all other fixes suggested, including turning the phone off, reinstalling the app and re-pairing the device with the phone but nothing works. It does once or twice after trying the above but then it stops working again. Pls can you escalate this to someone who can confirm if a fix is being worked on and the expected timing? 

Thanks. 

Best Answer

I use the fix reported by VATommy further up this thread. Swipe the app closed then resync Charge 2 and then the GPS works. You have to do it every time though which is a pain and clearly needs to be sorted properly, but at least I can track without having to use another app. 

Best Answer

Good news!  Ever since I updated iOS to 11.2 to get rid of the Dec 2nd crashing bug, the connected GPS has been working (5 days so far).

Knock on wood that it continues!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This process has worked for me once as well. I'll reply back after a few more runs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate some of you have come back and let me know your issue has now been resolved after updating the OS on your phones. I'm very glad.

If you're still getting issues with connected GPS, please make sure to update the Fitbit app to the latest version (2.43.1) and your phone to the latest iOS (11.2). Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

So many I phone users are facing this problem, for that simple solution is here: https://www.howtoisolve.com/gps-location-services-not-working-ios-11-iphone-ipad/

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is incorrect, the problem was caused by a bug in iOS 11 which prevented FitBit accessing our location in the background. It was resolved by Apple releasing an update to iOS.

Best Answer

Correct. Since the latest IOS 11 updates and the latest Fitbit updates from about 5-6 weeks ago, has worked flawlessly. All well! 

Best Answer

Other solutions can fix "iPhone GPS not working" problem:
Reset Network Settings (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings)
Reset Location & Privacy (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Location & Privacy)
Ensure Location Services are ON (Settings > Privacy > Location Services > ON)
Restore from iTunes backup: restore your iPhone in iTunes with your iOS backup
Update your software

Best Answer
0 Votes

@StevenSeagal wrote:

Other solutions can fix "iPhone GPS not working" problem:
Reset Network Settings (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings)
Reset Location & Privacy (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Location & Privacy)
Ensure Location Services are ON (Settings > Privacy > Location Services > ON)
Restore from iTunes backup: restore your iPhone in iTunes with your iOS backup
Update your software

If they can fix your problem, it may a hardware problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @StevenSeagal, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to provide some troubleshooting steps that I'm sure will be helpful for many members of the Community facing issues with connected GPS. Please note that removing Restrictions from Settings > General > Restrictions is also helpful. 

Thanks again for your insight about this situation, if there's anything I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes