Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Not pairing on iPhone 4S

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I have been told that the Charge 2 I have recently purchased will not work with my Iphone 4S today, even though its stated that it is a compatible device. The app updates make it now obsolete. I decided to just sync with my imac as I was told that any operating system of 10 or above will work. I have now discovered that although I have an updated version on my mac of above 10, I also need a bluetooth 4 connection, which I don't have. The software version states a LMP Version: 0x3 LMP Subversion:0x7AD if this makes sense to anyone, but I understand this is below bluetooth 4? Will the Charge 2 only work with 4 and above? It tells me to turn my bluetooth on and it is on. Someone else had the same problem hence why i stumbled upon the needing bluetooth 4 version.

I really want to use this Charge 2 but it looks like I am going to have to take it back unless I up grade my phone and or computer. Is there absolutely anything else I can do to make it sync please?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Blue57, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around! Smiley Happy

The iPhone 4S is indeed compatible with Fitbit trackers, but the iOS version needs to be 8 or older for the app to be fully updated. Would it be possible for you to try to set up your device once again? If it's not setting up, please reply to me with the iOS version of your device so I can check this further. 

Please give it a try and let me know the outcome! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Marco, Thanks for responding. I had 2 calls to two Fitbit supports that stated that my Charge 2 wouldn't work below IOS 10. The final call I made, I was told that it indeed would (which backed up the info on devices and IOS needed to work, 8 or above, on the website) and his suggestion was that I tried to pair it with another device, or try another unit from where I bought it from. I was able to try another Charge 2 with my 4/S and it paired in store. I was over the moon! The charge 2 i initially bought must've been faulty.

There have been some glitches like my sleep insights have been only recording 'old stylie' and I'm not getting the REM/LIGHT & DEEP Sleep recorded. I have messaged support to see why this is. I may do a restart before tonight to see if this fixes it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Blue57, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply! Smiley Happy

I'm glad to know your new Charge 2 was able to set up with your iPhone 4S. Now, in regards of your sleep tracking, Sleep Stages is a new feature that we’re progressively rolling out to Charge 2 users. It will be available to all Charge 2 users soon, so that might explain why you're still not able to see the new graph on the app. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes