Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 counting steps on my sleep.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi I just got my fit bit charge 2 yesterday set it up fine and updated it but I wore it to bed and this morning its already said I've done 300 odd steps when I haven't???

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
22 REPLIES 22

Hello @ChanadeS, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

This seems like a very odd situation, have you restarted your Charge 2 recently? Has this issue happened again on the next day? If so, I would like to suggest going to your tracker settings on the online Dashboard and check that Sleep Sensitivity is set to Normal. If it's on Normal, please change it to Sensitive, sync your tracker, change it back to Normal and sync again.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Many Thanks

Chanade Scurr

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ChanadeS, you're very welcome. I was wondering if your Charge 2 was still counting steps while you're sleeping. If so, please let me know, I'll be happy to continue helping you.

Additionally, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
Hi
No my Fitbit charge 2 is not counting steps when I sleep now.
Please could you help me with my other question as why there is weeks previous of calorie count on record but all the same amount?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ChanadeS, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply! 

I'm very glad your Charge 2 is now working correctly and not counting steps while you're sleeping. Now, the situation you're describing seems very odd, would it be possible for you to send me some screenshots of what you're able to see? That would be very helpful to me. 

I'll be waiting for your reply! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having this issue for a while too. Woking up in the morning just to see no less than 100 steps taken while asleep! Am I lunatic??

Perhaps its funny solution, but I always use an app called "Drivebit" or "Travelbit". I just press the Start button before go to bed and then Stop once fully woke up. The result - no more extra steps in the morning

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Nyusha, thanks for joining the conversation, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have shared your experience and I must say I find it's very clever to use "Drivebit" to prevent the tracker from counting steps in your sleep. Have you experienced any inconvenience with your sleep records while using this app? Have you tried changing the sensitivity of your tracker as described above and trying to sleep without using "Drivebit"? 

Thanks again for sharing your solution, I hope to hear from you very soon, happy stepping! 

Best Answer

MarcoGFitbit, thank you for your support, glad you found my solution helpful!

Before using the app, I was waking up with 100+ steps shown on my Ionic watch. Now I start the app just before I go to bed (usually before 12 when all data comes back to zero), and now all the time I get 0 steps in the morning.

The app I use is called "TravelBit" (paid version) but I'm sure the same can be done with the free "Drivebit" app too!

The sensitivity is set to "Normal" rather than "Sensitive", because sensitive option showed so much movements it scared me away Smiley LOL

Also, I was wondering - perhaps Fit-bit developers can add a small software running on the background in the new firmware, the one that is similar to the Drivebit app? Kind of like Drivebit app included inside of a firmware..? So there will be no need to download a third-party app. Just a thought! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Nyusha, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your insight and your feedback. I think having a functionality like Drivebit implemented in the app is an excellent idea. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I would like to encourage you to submit your insight as a suggested idea, where our members can comment and vote for it so it can be implemented in the future. This is the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our development team. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I go to my Fitbit charge 2 yesterday and it's telling me I've walked a couple hundred steps but it's also showing the same amount of calories burned for days and days before I even had it.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just got my Charge 2 and wore it to bed last night and like you it logged 331 steps, is there a way of stopping this apart from not wearing it to bed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Polly51 and @Rainorshine, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

@Rainorshine, please note that the the calories your tracker and the app are showing are your BMR calories. Your basal metabolic rate (BMR) is the rate at which you burn calories at rest just to maintain vital body functions like breathing, heartbeat, and brain activity. Your BMR usually accounts for at least half of the calories you burn in a day and is estimated based on the physical data you entered when you set up your account: gender, age, height, and weight. As for the steps, it's possible the tracker had counted those steps if it was turned on and you moved the box around before setting up the tracker. 

@Polly51, if you find your tracker counting too many steps during the night, please restart it, then on the following night, please use the tracker on your other wrist and in the morning sync the tracker and check if the steps got reduced.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where do i find sleep sensitivity?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Heatherrene, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums. To locate Sleep Sensitivity, please tap on the Account icon and then on Advance Settings > Sleep Sensitivity.

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for responding back to me. I'm very excited to use my Fitbit! I
just got it the other day. My first night it added on a lot of steps I did
finally figure out where the sleep sensitivity was an last night it didnt
add on as many steps it was more accurate!.
I do have 2 more questions.
1. When doing like laundry it'll add steps on. Is it supposed to do that at
all? I'm not taking any steps but I'm doing a lot of moving (bending down,
inside outting an putting it into the washer).
2. When I go to look at the way i slept (the part that shows the "wave" of
your sleep pattern) it will add more hours to my total night sleep (it
doubles it) so ill delete one then next thing i know my sleep pattern is
completely gone! Should i not delete it? But i want to look at it bigger
but it always ends up doubling once I'm done.

Thank you so much for your time an helping!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Heatherrene, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I'm very happy to know changing the sleep sensitivity helped you decrease the amount of steps recorded by your Fitbit tracker at night. Now, about your questions:

1. Fitbit devices have a finely tuned algorithm for step counting. The algorithm is designed to look for intensity and motion patterns that are most indicative of people walking and running.  When working at a desk, cooking, or doing other arm movements, a device on your wrist can pick up some extra steps if it thinks you're walking. Many of these situations—such as working or cooking—do include a few steps in-between stationary periods so the device tries to give you credit for those steps.

2. Would it be possible for you to reply to me with a screenshot of your sleep logs before you delete one of them and then after you delete one of them? I would like to check this further before providing more troubleshooting steps. 

I hope this resolves your inquiries for the time being, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for taking the time to write me back. My first problem totally
understandable.
My second problem totally figured it out lol itll double the measurement
part but after I look at it an then look at something else on the app an go
back its normal an right.

I don't have one more question.
I wear my watch on my left arm. An my dominant hand is my left. So on the
app i should have "which hard the watch is on" say left of course. An the
"handedness" should say left also right?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Heatherrene, I hope you're doing well, I appreciate you have replied to me and let me know your problem about the duplicated sleep logs has been resolved, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

Now, about your question, if you're left-handed (like me) and if you use your Fitbit watch in your left hand, that means both options: "Which hand the watch is on" and "Handedness" should be set to <left>. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Okay great wanted to make sure i had it set up correct. Thank you so much
for all of your help!!
Best Answer
0 Votes