Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not connecting

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was having trouble getting my Charge 2 to sync after the latest app update. I tried turning the Bluetooth off and back on, then tried restarting my phone, to no avail. I removed the device to try to reinstall it, but now it can't find the Charge. I don't know if the issue is the app or my Fitbit. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @edallasmac and @pje588, it's a pleasure to welcome you to the Fitbit Community!

@pje588, as the app can't seem to find your Charge 2 I would like to suggest the following:

• Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if Charge 2 is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device, then restart your phone.
  • Restart your tracker and leave it plugged in. 
  • Try to set up your tracker as a new device:
    1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account tab at the bottom of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
    2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue

@edallasmac, Fitbit tracker don't link to the phone directly throught the Fitbit app, if it's not showing on the Bluetooth settings it's possible you will need to set it up first to establish a Bluetooth bond. As I suggested above, please restart your tracker and leave it plugged in and then try to set it up on the Fitbit app. 

I hope this can be helpful, keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

Got a new one for Christmas.  Won't show up on my iPhone 6s,my MacBook Pro or my iPad, or my wife's iPhone 6 ...  ... sync? heck I can't get it to pair.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @edallasmac and @pje588, it's a pleasure to welcome you to the Fitbit Community!

@pje588, as the app can't seem to find your Charge 2 I would like to suggest the following:

• Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if Charge 2 is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device, then restart your phone.
  • Restart your tracker and leave it plugged in. 
  • Try to set up your tracker as a new device:
    1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account tab at the bottom of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
    2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue

@edallasmac, Fitbit tracker don't link to the phone directly throught the Fitbit app, if it's not showing on the Bluetooth settings it's possible you will need to set it up first to establish a Bluetooth bond. As I suggested above, please restart your tracker and leave it plugged in and then try to set it up on the Fitbit app. 

I hope this can be helpful, keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
I tried all that
Then I went into Goat Simulator
And after one small kid sacrificed
I looked down at my wrist
And
POW
Fit bit setting up with my phone

Go figure

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello @edallasmac, I hope you're doing well. 

Thank you for the update, I'm glad your tracker was able to set up!. If you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Happy stepping! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

My HR2 shows up as visible in the bloothtooth setting but it won't let me "forget this device". 

In the Fitbit setup it find my device and just keeps connecting but never connects. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The main issue it appears is I have a 2009 MacBook Pro and would need a dongle to get the device to link to it as the Bluetooth is too ancient on this Mac.  That literally took me 45 minutes to figure out.  Trying to find that information on your site was a bit frustrating.  My wife bought this for a present for Xmas, and as best she could tell, it should have worked.  I wasted hours of my Christmas trying to get the thing to work.  If one could just type in a model and find out whether it works on its bluetooth or needs a dongle without having to negotiate several pages it would be helpful.  For some reason the watch did not want to register on my iPhone for the first 12 hours or so, despite going through the machinations listed on instruction and this site.  I gave up and was going to ship it back.  My iPad2 is also too old to pick it up, but I can play Goat Simulator on it, and after a bit of play to defuse my frustration about the fitbit, I picked up my phone to check messages and BOOM! the fitbit was just starting to sync.  Go figure.  I may need a dongle if my phone dies, but for now all is good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did this, but now even though my ipad says it's connected, no device is shown. 

Even on the dahsboard, my charge 2 does not show up.

The only place it shows up is on my Samsung S6 phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!! I was having the same problem and the solution linked here worked (especially after restarting the tracker).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried this several times, and all it does spin and show Connecting to Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever since the apple and Fitbit update this past week it won’t connect! I have done all the troubleshooting and now it won’t even show on my Bluetooth 

Best Answer

I can contact, but the GPS does not pair with my fitbit, which is the main reason I bought this product, to record my hikes on a map.  I have the most up to date IOS for my iPhone 6+, Fitbit 2.42 (726), have restarted Fitbit, phone and my own brain but still nada.  I get the steps, heart rate, etc.  Just no map.  Apple and Fitbit have some 'splaining to do.  When I hit "hike" activity I get a message to "check Fitbit ap", but there seems to be no way to fix that.

It was working until the latest "updates"

Best Answer
0 Votes

(See Below)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not sure what was more annoying...not being able to connect my new Charge 2 mobiley or via pc..

.or the useless suggestions presented. None of the help was working for me so I started a chat with Fitbit Support and lost the connection. I decided to call. While waiting for support I figured it out. Those 4 digit codes you get when the device doesn't connect you input in the presented blocks then BAM!!! It updates device and you are the Connected.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all of that.....

I turned Bluetooth off, restarted my phone (several times), restarted my fitbit (several times).

now when it scans it finds the charge 2 and says connecting then it pops up with the bluetooth issues screen and wants to restart bluetooth and it starts searching again............ if it finds the charge 2 it just keeps going to the bluetooth issues screen or it just searches and never finds it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Calabash101, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've already tried in hopes to resolve this issue. At this moment I would like to ask you for a screenshot of the error message you're getting so I can check this further and determine which troubleshooting steps should we take next.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your reply. I called customer support and we were able to get it going, I had to log out of the app on my phone then log back in after that it connected and has been working fine since.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Calabash101, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

me and my sister just went through this for 2 hours, (no joke) video chatting. I could not get my fitbit app to find my fitbit watch at all. What I had to do was plug my fitbit into my computer (charge) then hold the button down for 4 or 5 sec till it showed the logo then I had to hit it again to restart my watch. blue tooth then hooked up to it without any problems. (trust me we were trying everything.) that did it though. I hope this helps someone else, as for me, it was a pita but it worked by doing the above. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @perryconnie, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community and share your experience, I'm sure the troubleshooting steps you've tried will be very helpful for members of the Community facing the same situation. 

Thanks for your input, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes