Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not receiving Notifications from iPhone 7

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I upgraded my iPhone to the 7plus and not my Fitbit charge 2 will not send notifications when it is set correctly to do so. Help. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

@Jjross, I moved this post to the iOS App Help Forum - it will get more response here.  Also, check out this thread on a similar problem:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Notifications-not-Working/m-p/1703613

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you made the adjustment in the phones notification panal yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jjross, thanks for joining us, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community!. It's always great to see you around @Rich_Laue and @USAF-Larry, thanks for your insight regarding this situation. 

@Jjross, as @Rich_Laue mentioned, in order for your Charge 2 to receive Notifications, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

• Allow Notifications
  • Show in Notification Center
  • Show on Lock Screen.
  • Alert Style set to Banners or Alerts.

Additionally, please restart your Charge 2 and make sure is not currently in the Do Not Disturb mode. To check this, press and hold the button while in the clock face, a vibration and a message will let you know if Notifications have been turned off or on. 

If this is not the case, let's try to reset Notifications on your Charge 2:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Restart your phone
  3. Open the Fitbit app, then tap on Account > Charge 2 > Notifications and enable them once again. If a pop-up appears asking to pair Bluetooth, please accept and proceed. 
  4. Go back to your tracker's menu and make sure Reminders to Move is enabled as well.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and in case you need anything else, please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I use to receive messages on my Fitbit charge 2, from my iPhone 7 but unfortunately they are nit coming they now. Can you help please ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kazakazak, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

Since when you're not able to receive Notifications on your Charge 2? Have you tried the troubleshooting steps listed in my post above? If so, please update the Fitbit app if you haven't done it yet and if you're still not able to receive Notifications, reply to me with the list of steps you've followed so far so I can check this further. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Additionally, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply as well. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m also having the same issues I used to get my call and text notifications etc all the time but for a few months now I’ve not been able to figure it out...again I’ve unpaired my Bluetooth shut my phone off turned back on went I Fitbit app notifications and paired the Bluetooth device again and still no notifications come through

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @BethO, I hope you're doing well, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried in hopes to resolve this issue that's affecting the Notifications on your tracker. At this moment I would like to suggest you to go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and Settings > Notification > Messages and make sure the following is enabled:

• Allow Notifications
  • Show on Lock Screen, and most importantly
  • Show in History

This has been proven to be very helpful for many members of the Community.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes all is on in my notification settings as well as being on in my Fitbit app settings

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

You need to go to your old phone and "forget" the Charge2 from the Bluetooth list.  Then remove the Charge 2 from your new phone's app and re-add it.  That was the advice from my help chat and it completely solved my problem of not getting notifications after upgrading my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @lugacky, thanks for joining us, it's always great to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. It's great to see you too @BethO, thanks for taking the time to reply. 

@lugacky, I appreciate you have shared your experience with us, I'm very glad your issue has been resolved!

@BethO, thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions. 

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Found this thread when I Googled "charge 2 won't receive notifications from iPhone 7". Wow, this finally fixed my problem! I just followed your steps and it worked. Thank you.

Best Answer

Hello @ossroy, thanks for joining the conversation, it's always a pleasure for me to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for having taken the time to let us know your issue has been resolved after checking the troubleshooting steps on this thread, I'm very glad. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes