Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications not Working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the Charge 2 and an iPhone 5s. It was working and than stopped, so I deleted the app. Everything is turned on in the settings. I tried deleting the app and downloading it again. My app and Fitbit both have the most recent update. I tried deleting the Charge 2 from my account and setting it up again. And it won't finish setting up. 😞 Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!(: 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Brandy2764, thanks for joining us, it's nice to see new faces around! Smiley Happy

As your Charge 2 is not able to finish setting up again, I would like to suggest the following:

1. Restart your tracker
  2. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if Charge 2 is on the list of paired devices, if it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device
  3. Restart your phone.
  4. Try setting up your device once again.

After setting it up, turn on Notifications once again:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap Account.
  2. Tap your tracker.
  3. Find an option to turn on your notifications.

I hope this information can be useful, feel free to reply in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hello @Brandy2764, thanks for joining us, it's nice to see new faces around! Smiley Happy

As your Charge 2 is not able to finish setting up again, I would like to suggest the following:

1. Restart your tracker
  2. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if Charge 2 is on the list of paired devices, if it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device
  3. Restart your phone.
  4. Try setting up your device once again.

After setting it up, turn on Notifications once again:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap Account.
  2. Tap your tracker.
  3. Find an option to turn on your notifications.

I hope this information can be useful, feel free to reply in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Thank you! That worked! You're the best!😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Brandy2764, I hope you're doing well. I'm very glad my instructions have helped you, and that your Notifications are now working! 

If you have some spare time, please check our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips for an active lifestyle.

Happy stepping! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there no other solution?  I'm having the same problem.  My notifications worked fine, and now they're not.  Restarting the Fitbit seems extreme if I have to go through the entire set up process again.  That took quite some time.  Is there no other option?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@karesq  What tracker do you have?

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @karesq, thanks for joining us, it's great to see you around. Smiley Happy, thanks for your insight as well @Kmransom123!

Most of the times, if an unfinished process or a bug is affecting the tracker's functionality a restart will help remove them, that's the reason we restart them. Additionally, you can try removing the tracker from the Bluetooth devices, then restarting your phone and then going to the App > Your tracker > Notifications. As the Bluetooth bond has been removed, you will be asked to enable the bond again.

Give it a shot and keep me posted, I'll be happy to continue helping you. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

notifications on my charge 2 worked with my old iPhone 4s but not now with my 6s. Restarted/turned on/off/ reinstalled app etc but nothing works. 

Many ideas?

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Pipsters, have a warm welcome to the Communtiy! Smiley Happy

Do you have your old phone with you by any chance? If so, it's possible the tracker is still trying to communicate to the old phone instead of the new one, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your old phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.

If you don't have your old phone with you and if you have tried the instructions on my previous post, my best recommendation would be contacting our Support Team. Let them know everything you've tried so far, I'm sure they will be happy to get you back on track.

Give it a try and keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't have a new phone. The phone I currently have is the only phone I have ever paired with my Fitbit.

In any event, the notifications seem to be working again, really with no explanation.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @karesq, I hope you're having a great day. 

I'm very sorry about the misunderstanding, the previous post was intended for @Pipsters. Nevertheless, I'm very glad to hear Notifications are now working on your tracker. If they give you any trouble in the future, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help. 

Happy stepping! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having this issue. Followed the instructions and still not receiving notifications. I am not having any problems with syncing though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Nataliew99, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

Which tracker are you currently using? Have you restarted it yet? If you're using a Charge 2, please make sure it's not currently on the Do Not Disturb mode by holding down the button for 2 seconds, a vibration and a message will let you know if Notifications have been turned on or off.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Such a simple fix!! I have the charge to. I have tried resetting both the Fitbit on my phone multiple times. Turns out somehow I had turned my notifications off on my fit bit. Didn't see that setting on the app and didn't know it was possible to turn them off directly on the fit bit. So happy it's now fixed.

Moderator edit: removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Nataliew99, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I'm glad your issue has now been resolved. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes