Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not syncing / not getting Notifications.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 2 won’t stay synced to my new phone and won’t send me my text notifications. I need it because I can’t have my phone out  at work so I rely on being able to read them on my wrist to know if I need to answer quickly or not. I know I’m not getting them because my Fitbit won’t stay synced to my phone. Please someone tell me how to fix this. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Bailey92, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. Tell me, have you tried to restart your Charge 2 and your phone recently? If so, I would like to suggest you to try the following steps:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

Now, when it comes to Notifications, please make sure your Charge 2 is not currently in the Do Not Disturb mode. To check this, press the button on the side for 2 seconds, a vibration and a message will let you know if Notifications have been turned on or off. If this seems to be ok, please restart Notifications through the Fitbit app following these steps:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app 
  3. Tap on Account > Charge 2 > Notifications
  4. When a pop-up with a "Bluetooth Pairing Required" message, tap on Set Up and continue.
  5. A new "Bluetooth Pairing Request" will appear, tap on Pair to continue
  6. Once in the Notifications menu, enable the ones you'd like to receive. 
  7. Go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:
    • Allow Notifications
    • Show on Lock Screen
    • Show in History

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer