Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not syncing with iPhone 8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge2 won’t sync with my iPhone8. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling the Fitbit but that doesn’t work. I saw a fix that said to sync on my old device, which is not an option since it was damaged - any suggestions - right now I have an expensive pedometer masquerading as a charge 2, since that’s about all I can use it for

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
85 REPLIES 85

Hello @Giteacher2, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Since when have you experienced this situation? Have you restarted your Charge 2 and your phone lately? If so, I would like to suggest you the following:

• Turn off the Bluetooth on your phone for 15 seconds by going to Settings > Bluetooth, then turn it back on. 
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the syncing process. 
  • Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal. 

Then, try to sync your tracker again. If it's still not syncing, my best recommendation would be setting up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection between your Charge 2 and your phone. Don't worry, none of the information previously stored in your account will be deleted. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I followed these instructions for the iphone8 and still have not been successful. 

Best Answer

Hello @Crazychaos, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Have you updated the OS on your phone and the Fitbit app? Is your tracker not syncing or not pairing up with the app? In either case I would like to suggest you the following:

• Force-close the app by double tapping the home button and swiping up the app.
  • Log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and try to sync/pair your device once again and if you're still experiencing the same issue, please let me know, I'll be happy to continue helping you. 

Best Answer

Thanks, I have done all of the above as well as I was on the phone for 45 minutes with customer support going through varied steps (including shutting down my watch and restarting it).  I was informed that the iPhone 8 software may not be compatible with my watch anymore and I am to wait for updates to the watch.  I am being sent a bluetooth dongle for my laptop.  A little sad as I use the connection to track my runs and can't run with my laptop.  Hoping the update comes soon.

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer

My iPhone 8 plus is not finding my Fitbit when I turn Bluetooth on. Any idea what to do? 

Best Answer

I also have the same problem;  Fitbit Charge 2 will not sync with IPhone 8. Tried everything you’ve suggested, noth8ng helps. Worked fine with my IPhone 6 and IPad.  Now IPad won’t sync either. I’ve had Fitbits since their inception so been here before. Think I’ll just stick with my IWatch.

@MarcoGFitbit wrote:

Hello @Crazychaos, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Have you updated the OS on your phone and the Fitbit app? Is your tracker not syncing or not pairing up with the app? In either case I would like to suggest you the following:

• Force-close the app by double tapping the home button and swiping up the app.
  • Log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and try to sync/pair your device once again and if you're still experiencing the same issue, please let me know, I'll be happy to continue helping you. 

Best Answer

This kind of stuff makes me wish I would’ve invested in an Apple Watch when I know I always use the iOS platform. 

Best Answer
Ok so I had to do the following and it worked straight away

Delete app from my iPhone 6
Turn Bluetooth off iPhone 6 and ‘forget’ the fitbit
Delete Fitbit app from iPhone 8

Reinstall Fitbit app on to iPhone 8
Turn Bluetooth on and it paired straight away

You just need to make sure that your old phone isn’t paired or looking for your watch

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks - I don't even have my old iPhone and it was wiped before it was traded in.  Still not working yet! :o(   The support team has even had me completely reboot my watch with no success.

I did get an email from support that said iPhone 8 is on a list that they are working on.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, they must have worked on it because I tried again last night and all
of a sudden it synced! Don’t have any other magical solutions other than
keep trying!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just tried all of your steps - didn't work until I logged into the newly downloaded app.  Once I did that, I was taken through the steps by the app and have successfully synched my new iphone 8.  Whew!  Thanks for the info.

@Katiewal87 wrote:
Ok so I had to do the following and it worked straight away

Delete app from my iPhone 6
Turn Bluetooth off iPhone 6 and ‘forget’ the fitbit
Delete Fitbit app from iPhone 8

Reinstall Fitbit app on to iPhone 8
Turn Bluetooth on and it paired straight away

You just need to make sure that your old phone isn’t paired or looking for your watch

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer

I have tried all of the steps on this thread, and I have not had any success.  I tried to chat with tech support, and they were not helpful at all.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s fibally fixed!! Click on the side of your Fitbit until you reach notifications and click it on! Then have someone text you! You have to click notifications on through your actually Fitbit on your wrist not the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s finally updated. Click on your Fitbit until you get to notifications click on and bam it now works. Just started working today!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

I appreciate some of you have come back and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. For those still having issues syncing your tracker or setting it up, please update the Fitbit app to the latest version (2.43.1) and try to sync / pair again. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried all of the steps outlined in this forum and still cannot sync with my iPhone 8. It's still searching for my fitbit Charge 2. I updated the fitbit app software and recharged my fitbit; deleted the app and forgot the Bluetooth from my old iPhone, uninstalled and reinstalled the fitbit app. I'm so frustrated. Did the fitbit update the software so that it will work with the iPhone 8 yet? It seems as if some people have been successful but I've been working on this for the past 2 days and need it to work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well mine did finally sync but don’t know why. Did all the same things you
did & finally worked. Contact customer service they’re very good.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I literally just hit notifications “on” option on my Fitbit and it synced up no problem but it wasn’t until after Black Friday week that it worked.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I got mine on 11/30/2017 and it was working right away and then stopped for some reason... I didn't even know you could hold the button down on the side to make things happen!  I did what you said and low and behold a "notifications" text popped up (and it said "off", even though my app said I have everything "checked (which is different than "on")... I switched to "on" ... worked immediately!!!  Thanks!! 

I'm happy now!

Best Answer
0 Votes