Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 messages are working, my experience and solution

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I thought I'd share how I was finally able to get text messages on my Fitbit. First, let me start by saying I have the Iphone 8 and have been trying to get my text messages on my Fitbit ever since the new ios 13.3 came out in fall 2019. I had the Charge 2 at the time and have since bought the Charge 3 thinking the newer version would allow me to get text messages. I was so disappointed when that didn't work either!  I've called customer service numerous times and followed all the steps they suggested with no luck. I"ve tried the troubleshooting suggestions on the different forums with no luck. So if you are having the same problem try this...

*settings

*notifications

*messages- scroll down to the bottom where it says "options"  and turn on "show previews" to "always" 

I had that turned off because I didn't want my text messages displayed on my lock screen. If you don't want to have your messages shown on your locked screen scroll up to "alerts" and turn off "Lock Screen" however, you must have "notification center" turned on.

I hope this helps someone with the same problem! 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Boymom27.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your experience and instructions which helped you resolve the issue with getting text messages on your device. Thank you for your time and efforts, I understand how you were feeling. I am sure the steps you shared will be helpful to other users. More information about notifications and troubleshoots is available in this help article: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

I hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience and working on your goals! In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Keep on visiting the forums! Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot thank you enough for this.  Hours of looking hadn't given me this solution.  Saved me from stomping on it 🙂  Cheers.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @weaselbreath.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that the instructions provided in this thread helped you resolve the issue with text messages. Thank you for your feedback. 

Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tips, recipes and more! Give it a look!

Enjoy the Fitbit experience. Happy stepping!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes