Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not syncing with Fitbit app.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The app cant find my fitbit charge 3, Already tried restarting app, restarting phone. Now I let my phone forget the device and read that storting “new” device was a suggestion, But then the app still canot find the device. I only got it for 1 day. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
698 REPLIES 698

Mine does the same thing. It looks for awhile and then starts syncing, but it takes forever to sync. It eas 4 mi utes the other day. 

I have had where bluetooth sees it, but when I open the fitbit at it says no device found.

Best Answer
0 Votes

2 year guarantee, nice. I was told and have read 1 year.

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes any electrical appliance from John Lewis is 2 yr guarantee, wouldn’t go anywhere else. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Like I said before I had mine 13 months could of had a refund but took the fb4

Best Answer
0 Votes

Check you have the latest software 1.88.11 as mine now seems stable - touch wood🤔

Best Answer

Good point, I have now updated the App software as well as the software in the fitbit Charge 3.  See how it goes...

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit charge 3 arrived today. No instructions in the box! ridiculous! I have spoken with David in chat, he said it was a bluetooth problem. I have just come off the phone with Apple, 40 minutes spent. It isn't a bluetooth issue. The software is installed, however you can't select the charge 3 as an option. I've spent hours trying to sort, it's going back tomorrow - one very frustrated customer

Best Answer
0 Votes

Suze4, I am using an android device and the installation was fairly easy (and  relatively intuitive).  But that is not to say that I did not have issues;  I had to have a few goes at getting the app to connect with the device.  Once I did this, the app was draining the battery like a gas guzzler of a bygone era!  Then it would not sync.  After this I got FITBIT to replace my first charge 3.  The replacement still "struggles" to sync but it does eventually. All in all, a very nice looking and comfortable device which unfortunately just does not work.  I think FITBIT need to replace all Charge3 devices. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good move, I have spent hours sorting my 3 which was my 3rd 3 but after the latest software upgrade 1.88.11 it seems to be stable - touch wood - but it has taken fitbit months to sort the issue, assuming it is now sorted and it must have done their corporate image no end of damage.

Best Answer

I,m on Apple and have been having problems for months I have spent hours sorting my 3 which was my 3rd 3 but after the latest software upgrade 1.88.11 it seems to be stable - touch wood - but it has taken fitbit months to sort the issue, assuming it is now sorted and it must have done their corporate image no end of damage.

Try upgrading to the 1.88.11 it seems more stable?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Lionfish...I updated the app software (on my Android) two days ago so I am assuming that I have the latest and the greatest! My app info says version 3.28.  Maybe they have a different numbering system for androids. So far, it seems to be "stable" but can never tell with this product.  Beautiful one day, not so perfect the next!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done the latest updates, my iPhone says it is paired and then the app says it can’t find my device to sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

On your iPhone try turning Bluetooth off wait a couple of seconds then back on then before Bluetooth connects jump straight to the Fitbit app open the app and it should sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve done that several times. It doesn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Lionfish. I have an android phone and have tried this several times on advise from Fitbit.  At the moment it seems to working ok'ish so I dare not change anything.  Better ok'ish than nothing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks all for your messages. I have since taken the Fitbit back to Currys, they said they've had a lot returned. I didn't think much of Fitbit's customer service, David in chat said it was my Bluetooth, it wasn't as it picks up everything else and was tested by Apple. I don't like it when they passed the blame. Anyway, I have since bought a Garmin and it's working much better, I can actually download the software, it seems to be a better product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How many unhappy customers do they need to address the problems with fit bit3? I would advise you to take it back to the store for a refund . I did and got a fit bit 4 (same price) in exchange as I had a good guarantee.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unless you purchased it directly from FItbit on line. No refunds from them.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lesson learned for anyone buying fit bit, go to a reputable store and be sure you get a good guarantee, some stores don’t carry the 3 now I now have a 4 as a replacement big difference in this upgrade. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

i've done all of the suggested fixes for this and been through 2 live chats with fitbit today to resolve this. My charge 3 special edition has stopped syncing and the last data stored was from just before the latest firmware update. fitbit is suggesting i purchase a new device as they cannot resolve the issue. really fitbit? your firmware update crashes my device rendering it unrecoverable and you offer me a slight discount on a new device? seems like you're looking to lose customers.

Best Answer
0 Votes