Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not syncing with iPhone 6.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve restarted Fitbit and updated this morning and still no luck with it staying synced 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Hello @BHartzog, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums, for sharing your experience with us and for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've already tried in hopes to resolve your issue. At this moment,  I would like to suggest you to check the following:

• Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Don’t feel alone I am having issues also.  Starting to get irritated.  Just got charge 3 even though when Fitbit does clean ups it gets bugs.  WHAT IS GOING ON THIS TIME?  I also have issues with charge 3 not syncing with Apple iphone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you removed your Charge 2, also from bluetooth? I had the same problem before I removed all trackers and paired Charge 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly this same problem.  Last recorded sync was on Monday 11 March at 09.47 GMT.  I have tried ALL the steps as suggested several times over and still my Fitbit is not saving data.  This is a major fault of some kind rather than a short term or local glitch.

This might be an issue that has been building up for some time.  I had previously noticed that steps data would sync but other (particularly sleep) data wouldn't sync at that same time, and sometimes took two or three attempts before the data was pulled across.  Until yesterday, the steps data would show on my phone but the data would not be saved.

Can someone please sort this out.  I was about to buy two other Fitbits for my wife and her mum since neither of them are very tech savvy and the fitbit interface seemed faultless.  That idea is now on hold and I am looking at possible alternatives for myself.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @davidxc thanks for joining the conversation, welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I know you've already tried to troubleshoot this issue, but would it be possible for you to let us know exactly which troubleshooting steps have you tried already? This will be very helpful for us to check this further. 

In the meantime, if you haven't tried yet, please set up your Charge 3 as a new device to reset the connection between your phone and your tracker:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. Remove any other Fitbit device in here.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for getting back to me but in the end I did exactly as you suggested and did a hard reset on my charge 3. It appears to have worked which it great. But I am still really pissed off that I ended up spending so much time trying to resolve this issue. And also that I lost almost a full week of data.

What makes it worse is that I have little confidence that it won’t happen again.

Needless to say, ideas of buying fitbits for my wife and mother in law are on hold. For the moment, so too is buying myself a Garmin alternative. But you really need to sort this out. Another episode like this and I am off, and I won’t be coming back. And I will tell the world what I think of the Charge 3 as well. Sadly, from what I have read this last week I am not alone in this view.

David
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @davidxc, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and let us know your device is now working correctly, I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you've experienced because of this situation. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. 

If there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. Have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup, having the same issues. I don’t want to have to restart both Fitbit and my iPhone everyday though. This is getting frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Amanda26, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to share this information with us and for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Tell me, besides restarting your device and your phone, which other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? Which Fitbit device are you currently wearing? Have you updated the app recently? This information will be very helpful for us to check this further and assist you better. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

Besides restarting your device and your phone, which other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
I have turned my Bluetooth off and on, closed the app, turned my iPhone off and on. Restarted my charge 3.

Which Fitbit device are you currently wearing?
Fitbit Charge 3

Have you updated the app recently?
I have all my apps set to automatically updates, so I have the most recent version.

Thank you,

Amanda Sunnarborg
asunnarborg88@gmail.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Amanda26 I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply with the information requested. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back. At this moment I would like to ask you to try the following steps in order:

• Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

Now, if after following these steps your Charge 3 is still not syncing, my best recommendation is to set up your Charge 3 as a new device in your account. Note that all the information previously synced will not be deleted as it gets stored in our servers and not in your phone. 

To set up your Charge 3 as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, 

I tried everything. I went through all the steps. I had to go through all the steps to disconnecting my Fitbit and reconnecting it. So this all worked, but unfortunately only worked that one time. My iPhone and Fitbit Charge 3 has not been able to sync since. 

What do I do now?

Thank you,
Amanda
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Amanda26 I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply after trying the troubleshooting steps provided earlier. Smiley Happy

At this moment, my best recommendation would be performing a factory reset on your Charge 3 to reset its settings so you can set it up again. Note that when factory reset the device you will remove apps, stored data, personal information, credit and debit cards (for Fitbit Pay-enabled devices), and saved settings.

To factory reset your device:

On your device, open the Settings app > About > Factory Reset or Clear User Data.

Give these steps a try and after that, set up your Charge 3 as a new device in your account again. If you're still having trouble syncing afterwards, let us know. 

Have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This post doesn’t help as you need to have Bluetooth accessibility to set up the new device. The problem is I can’t get Bluetooth connectivity. I cannot sy CMT phone to my Fitbit since the most recent iPhone update. Any suggestions are appreciated 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 3 not PAIRING with iphone 6s. It  does sync & does do a bluetooth connect

therefore the fitbit does not get notifications or weather

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi have tried all that you have listed, several times. Still won't sync with my iphone 6. I can get it to sync with my computer, it was easy. Very frustrated...…..

I have removed my Fitbit 2 from Bluetooth listing etc. (I had no trouble with the Fitbit 2) still nothing. What do you suggest apart from buying a different brand fitness tracker. It seems like it is a major problem rather than a glitch as there seem to be many in the same situation.

Best Answer