Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercises recorded in a different time and not showing data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 4/1/2020: For anyone who is still experiencing this issue, please update your device to version 3.18. Thanks for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update: 3/5

I appreciate everyone's feedback and contributions on this thread. I understand where you're coming from about not being able to log your exercises and sleep data correctly in the Fitbit app, and thanks for the steps you've tried while troubleshooting this matter.

This issue should be resolved with the next app update which is currently rolling out and should be available to 100% soon. Please make sure to keep your Fitbit app updated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fitbit Update: 2/28

Hi everyone.

We're aware about the issues with the exercise data and time not being correct after syncing with the Fitbit app. Our team is currently working to identify a resolution as soon as possible to all our members. We're sorry for this inconvenience and we appreciate your patience.

Please subscribe to this thread so you can receive future updates about this matter.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@thenameless1 The app has not been getting worse with updates. Please refrain from positng inflammatory comments. If you don't update the app, you will likely still experience issues. 

This original issue has been resolved with app release 3.18 and I don't have any further updates. I'll be closing it for further comments. If you are having issues please reach out to customer support. If you have a new issue to report, please start another thread. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
465 REPLIES 465

The exercise tracking function displays a 5 hour time difference from my actual local time. The app and device are synchronized to the correct time and local time zone. The exercise tracker will not synch the appropriate distance, calories, or step count activity.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

I am having the same issue; if I go for a morning run or do yoga, it doesn't sync up with the calories

Best Answer

Since the last app update my app will not show the distance in the log. Pre app update it displayed distance, exercised time, a map with the route and so on. Now it only display exercised time,  heart rate and burned calories.

I reinstalled the app, redid all the settings and so on. Still the same problem. What i see is that the exercise starting time is one hour after the time on the Phoenix and my Fitbit 3. For example: i start the exercise 12.15, but in my app, when in exercise, starting time is 11.15.

I tried to change settings for time, but nothing helps. As i mentioned, it all started after the last app update.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer

it happens to me too, from Asia, it is 8hrs different. My wife is having the same issue...it happens 3 days ago... reported this to the support team but apparently there are not aware or understand the issue.

Best Answer

It is 9:32 am here but the record shows 1:32 am. I had checked the time settings and it is set to automatically and is sync to the right country. Restart the app, restart the phone, reinstall the app to no avail.

Best Answer

It's great to see you here, @Arboga.

Thanks for troubleshooting this exercise issue. Can you please provide me with some screenshots of this problem? In the meantime, make sure that your time is correct in your phone and Fitbit app.

I hope to hear from you soon. 🙂

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just called fitbit because I am having the same issue and also calories not counting when manual entering in exercise..

My sleep also says 7 hours behind.

They asked me to send in screenshots

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okey.  
screenshot:

B78018F4-9908-43BD-8A0B-39EF82A59D68.png

Time on phone and fitbit app is same

Best Answer

Support asked me to disable the time zone “set automatically” and set the time zone manually to no avail ...

Best Answer

Here's what I found today. I walked to work, leaving home at 7:57 am. I used the GPS on my phone to log my exercise ( I have a Charge 2). After the walk I had 2 exercise periods showing.  The first mapped my walk and showed that I started at 3:57 pm, and that there was not enough data to calculate time per km (I use metric), calories or steps. The second exercise period showed all the information that usually follows the map of what I walked (in the first post), and showed the correct time of 7:57. So I don't know what to make of this. 

Best Answer

Pleased to see I’m not the only one. Mine also doesn’t connect the heart rate for the exercise either. I click on heart rate and it shows that it’s recorded my heart rate all day but it doesn’t sync it with the exercise 🤷‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

This issue started last week. It tracks the maps in GST 5 hr ahead of my time and tracks the steps and heartbeat in realti

Best Answer

My heart rate has not been syncing with any exercise for almost a week now. Yesterday, it didn't even show my gps map after walking

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back and for the screenshot, @Arboga.

This issue was due the Fitbit app update, but at this time, this update should be working properly. Can you please confirm this by testing the app again? Do your workout and see if it is registered properly and double check that your app is updated.

Keep me posted. 🙂

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is also happening to me.  I googled some fixes, none of them worked. I contacted support and after sending them screen shots of the exercise, they wrote back today telling me to perform the same steps I had tried before contacting them. I’ve also hard-set my time zone on both the phone and the Fitbit app (no auto-detect of the time zone). After repeating the same steps they told me to do today, I went for a walk and got the same results of not enough data and my exercise start time was reflecting GMT rather than my time (GMT is 6 hours ahead if me).  Yesterday I walked and used the watch exercise function to track - it worked great except the mileage isn’t accurate -  thus my preference to use the app.  Hope this is resolved soon...I have a major race in 2 weeks and would prefer accurate tracking.

Best Answer

Hi everyone. It's great to see you participating in the forums and I'm sorry for the delayed response.

I appreciate you for reporting this issue experienced with your exercises after syncing with the Fitbit app, as well for every step tried prior posting. Nice way to go! I understand how you're feeling as your exercises and data should be recorded correctly. Our team recently released the Fitbit app version 3.15.1 and to work on this together, I'd recommend to go to the Apple Store and make sure it's downloaded in your phones. For instructions, you can see: How do I update the Fitbit app?.

If the issue persists after the update, I'll need you to provide me with your iPhone's model and OS version.

I look forward to your responses.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had already completely uninstalled my app and reloaded the newest version (I confirmed it was the 3.15.1).  My phone is an iPhone Xs, with iOS 13.3.1 loaded.  My test walk this morning again gave me the “not enough data” error with no stats recorded.  
Thanks for your help

Best Answer

Still the same 😕

App updated.  

new sceeenshot

FBE0EDA3-0D62-4C0C-86CA-B15C51711D18.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Iphone 8 Plus Ios 13.3.1 Fitbit 3.15.1

I am getting 2 logs of every exercise...today's walk is there with info and the correct time, but no pace or GPS map, then I get another one for the same walk with the time 5 hrs ahead with the GPS map but everything else says Not enough Data.. the last correct recording of data was last Wednesday February 19. Everything since then has had information missing

Best Answer