Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercises recorded in a different time and not showing data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 4/1/2020: For anyone who is still experiencing this issue, please update your device to version 3.18. Thanks for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update: 3/5

I appreciate everyone's feedback and contributions on this thread. I understand where you're coming from about not being able to log your exercises and sleep data correctly in the Fitbit app, and thanks for the steps you've tried while troubleshooting this matter.

This issue should be resolved with the next app update which is currently rolling out and should be available to 100% soon. Please make sure to keep your Fitbit app updated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fitbit Update: 2/28

Hi everyone.

We're aware about the issues with the exercise data and time not being correct after syncing with the Fitbit app. Our team is currently working to identify a resolution as soon as possible to all our members. We're sorry for this inconvenience and we appreciate your patience.

Please subscribe to this thread so you can receive future updates about this matter.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
465 REPLIES 465

I’ve completely uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple time’s as this has been happening to me too. I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and I’m fully updated to iOS 13.3.1 all of my morning exercises have been backtracking to the previous day 10 hours behind.

Best Answer

Downloading 3.15.1 won't fix the problem.  I think that's what caused this issue.  It only started after I downloaded 3.15.1.  Is it possible to reinstall the previous version of the app.?

-------------

Apparently, it's not possible to go backwards to 3.15.  I was speaking with Customer Support today.  They didn't have a fix and have escalated for further review.

Best Answer

When tracking exercise, at the end when I’ve quit it, it’s then put the exercise back by 10 hours and given me no data. This has also affected my steps taken, the walk I did this morning added 5000 steps to the steps I did yesterday! And it wasn’t until I deleted the exercise logs that the steps went back to how they should be. I then tried manually logging exercise and it did the same thing. I’m at a loss.

Best Answer

I have an iPhone 8 13.3.1 and 3.15.1

Best Answer

I have had mine set to manually and am still having the same issue - thought I was losing my mind! Glad I thought to come on here and check because apparently this is impacting a number of people... Strange!

Best Answer

Show incorrect time is just one of the error. “ Not Enough Data Available” on the record page is another error

AA37BFBA-37B3-4638-ABED-65045E431D21.jpeg

Best Answer

The sleep tracker is showing a time that is 5 hours earlier than the actual sleep cycle

Best Answer

I’m getting the same issue but on my tracked workouts. It’ll record my jog path on GPS but shows a time four hours later. I ran today from 530-615 and it shows 1030-1126. It won’t show my stats for it just the map. Then it will record my stats in a separate entry but as a detected activity. This is the third time in a week this has happened. 

Best Answer

I’m getting the same issue but on my tracked workouts. It’ll record my jog path on GPS but shows a time four hours later. I ran today from 530-615 and it shows 1030-1126. It won’t show my stats for it just the map. Then it will record my stats in a separate entry but as a detected activity. This is the third time in a week this has happened. 

Best Answer

Same issue here and for me the 3.15.1 upgrade CAUSED the problem. Yesterday everything worked fine, now my calories are null like everyone else and the only change was that my phone downloaded the upgrade last night. 😞 Haven’t found a workaround. 

Best Answer

Me too!! Sleep hours are wrong and data won’t load when I add in exercise.

Best Answer

Latest version still the same using my IPhone XS 13.3.1, data not enough it says...sigh. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed this morning after my workout, that when I look back at all of mine last week, they show at 930 at night instead of 530 am when I do my walk. I also see that my workouts suddenly are no longer showing my heart rate/calories burned, etc - says there is not enough data. This data has always been here so something has gone wrong. I have deleted and reinstalled my app and reset my versa 2 3 times this morning. The time on the actual device is correct but workouts are about 8 hours off?! Any suggestions????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me. Uninstalled/reinstalled did not fix it. Upgraded to 3.15.1 did not work either

iphone xs 13.3.1

Best Answer

same issue here- I started exercise with the app at 10:04, but the app recorded start time as 3:02, shows tha map, but says “not enough data” ( because 3:02 is five hours in the future!) And, on top of that, it recorded 4 separate runs and walks during the time span that I was out exercising. I confirmed I am running the latest version of the fitbit app on phone and on fitbit (Versa 2)

 these are the 4 separate exercises it recorded, with correct times

6FEABEB4-2C22-4025-886F-0949CBAC5EC1.png

This is the exercise recorded by me starting the app and starting a GPS connected exercise in the app. Note that the time (correct) I took the picture is 12:39pm, but the exercise record from earlier today says 3:02pm

7703A6BE-DE09-4B35-B153-79E9FD3D8D97.jpeg

Best Answer

It looks to me like the app is putting everyone in GMT. I’m in central time and it’s logging my exercise 6 hours ahead. My wife is on a trip in  on the east coast and hers is logging 5 hours ahead. I’d be willing to bet wherever you are, your exercise is posting the exact amount of hours you are away from GMT. Uninstall and reinstall will do nothing.

Best Answer

Hi

The problem is version 3.15.1.  The issue only started after upgrading to this version.

Can we downgrade to the previous version until your team can come out with a version that actually works?

Thanks

Best Answer

okay, this makes sense that it's a GMT issue because my calories did eventually show up... I'm in EST. So clearly I just had to catch up with my exercise. 🙂 At least that means there is a workaround for now.

Best Answer

Some calories were added on mine but they weren’t correct....10 calories burned on a 15 min walk.  My miles and steps never showed up in my exercises.  

Best Answer

The only exercise that is actually posting and adding steps, calculating distance and calories burned has been when my Charge 3 recognizes activity. When the clock catches up there’s only the gps map of where I ran, time and a few calories. The time is doubling up between the recognized activity and the actual run when the day catches up to it. Tinkering with the time zone on my phone and the app to GMT lined everything up. When I reset all to home time zone, the differences went back to exactly where they were. Whatever Fitbit did on the previous update appears to have screwed up something with how it uses time zone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes