Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercises recorded in a different time and not showing data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 4/1/2020: For anyone who is still experiencing this issue, please update your device to version 3.18. Thanks for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update: 3/5

I appreciate everyone's feedback and contributions on this thread. I understand where you're coming from about not being able to log your exercises and sleep data correctly in the Fitbit app, and thanks for the steps you've tried while troubleshooting this matter.

This issue should be resolved with the next app update which is currently rolling out and should be available to 100% soon. Please make sure to keep your Fitbit app updated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fitbit Update: 2/28

Hi everyone.

We're aware about the issues with the exercise data and time not being correct after syncing with the Fitbit app. Our team is currently working to identify a resolution as soon as possible to all our members. We're sorry for this inconvenience and we appreciate your patience.

Please subscribe to this thread so you can receive future updates about this matter.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
465 REPLIES 465

I checked the dates that I started having this problem:

Tuesday, 18 February is the last day I have with everything recording correctly.

I did not track exercise on Wed 19 Feb or Thurs 20 Feb.

Friday 21 Feb is the first day I have with the problem we're all talking about here. 

Best Answer

The temp work around I found is using the exercise shortcut on my watch (Versa 2) and then syncing it to my account. It’s not completely accurate (falls short of the actual distance) but it gives me all the info and credits me with everything the app used to...and records the correct time.  I prefer the accuracy of what the phone app used to provide, but until this is corrected, I’ll take an update that’s short mileage (it was short 1.1 miles over a 9.5 mile walk) rather than one that gives me no stats at all.

Best Answer

This has happened to me twice in the last week or so. I updated to the newest version of the App and it self corrected. Then it occurred again today. Not only is the sleep time off but it changes the sleep time for all past sleep As well after exercising and manually entering the  data the App doesn't recognize/sync the exercise details. Eg it doesn't show the heart rate etc for the exercise even though the heart rate was tracked, and I can view it, on the app by clicking heart rate. The app also does not recognize the manual entry of the time and calories.Finally, even though the various data syncs when asked the app says it last synced at (;59 AM this morning (6 hours ago)

App version 70.7.21 Iphone 11Pro OS 13.3.1

Best Answer

I don’t believe there is a workaround. Mine now says I walked .11 miles (in 1:41:42) and took 205 steps. The map shows. 6 mile route

Best Answer

Mine is recording 6 hours ahead. Also my pace on my walks doesn’t show up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine seems to be a similar problem but only when I try to track a walk or run. From what I can see, the phone logs the route at 11pm when it’s 6pm and so there’s no HR or step data. There’s no way for me to edit the time so it can sync up with my watch data and if I delete the exercise and add a new one, I lose the GPS data. 
I’ve reset the watch. I’ve reset the phone. I’ve installed the app three times just in case. Same problem. 

Best Answer

@Shetty Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I would like you to log out from your app and force quit it. If you keep seeing the same after this, please provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing. Also, let me know the phone that you're using. 

Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. I'm glad to see you here in this thread and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for your continued reports, as well for replying back with the requested information. @Tengz and @KarenKeet, I also appreciate you for the screenshots provided. Those were very helpful!

I'm sorry for the inconvenience that you've experienced with your exercises showing incorrect time and no data. I understand how you're feeling about this situation since you put a lot of effort while working out. Given that the issue persists after updating the Fitbit app, I've gone ahead and shared your posts to the team so they can look into this matter and further investigate. Once I have more details, I'll update this thread.

@Arboga, I've moved your post to this thread to keep our forums organized, and so you can receive more updates about this matter.

I'll be around if you have any other question.

Best Answer

I noticed the same thing.  It’s logging exactly 5 hours in the future and not capturing heart rate or miles. I’m logging from my phone, not my versa 2

Best Answer
0 Votes
Here is a screenshot from yesterday. I ran at 2:16 and although it was correctly recorded, the entry with the gps tracking was entered as occurring 5 hours later.  
I did close and delete the app from my phone and reloaded it. But we are expecting bad weather tomorrow and I probably won’t be able to run and test to see if it’s working better. So I thought I’d send you what I had. 
I am using an iPhone 7.  
What do you think is going on??? 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I Have found a workaround untill the app is fixed:

-I start the app

-I start the excercis in my fitbit and check so it Connect to my phone. 
-when finnished the excercise, I stop the excercise and the correct excercise-data displays in the app as it did before the last uppdate.  👍😊

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don’t quite understand what you have said. Isn’t that what we have been doing as well?

Thanks!
Karen Tan LT
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is also happening to me - my Alta HR has been incorrectly logging runs and sleep.

I manually track runs on the app, and when I finish the run, there are two logged exercises. One has heart rate and calorie data, and the second run has the GPS data. The times are six hours off - I went for a run at 6:36am, but it's logged at 12:36pm.

Same error with sleep score, too. It's six hours off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s the same info I had posted yesterday.  If your Fitbit has exercise shortcuts, you can use the watch to track your exercise (Fitbit app has to be open on your phone the whole time).  However, for me, this gives much less accurate tracking.  This may be different for others if they’ve figured out the stride length calculation.   Tracking the exercise on the watch and then syncing it to your app gives you all the info, just like we had before the latest app update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday and today I used the app to track a walk (yesterday); a run and a walk (today). Yesterday it showed my gps tracking, but did not log calories, steps, and distance in the exercise. Today, it showed my run (as normal)  then it added an additional run time with no distance, calories burned, steps, etc. The same with my walk.. So, I removed the app from my phone and restarted my phone, downloaded the app, and now it is showing my walk and run, but no gps information, so it didn't log the distance. I noticed yesterday that when I went to sync my Fitbit it said my app was not up to date and not compatible with my fitbit. So I deleted the app, and re downloaded it. My phone automatically updates my app, so I new that wasn't the issue. Is Fitbit fixing their app update? it is clearly flawed! I use this to track my exercise and calories and steps for a weight loss program I am doing, so it is imperative that this is fixed soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happening to me!!!!! Say i went for a walk at 1:00 AM when it was really 8 PM!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This seems to have happened to me right after the latest app update. I logged out of the app, quit it, then reopened and logged back in and it seemed to fix it. But this morning the start and end times for the past several days of sleep were all off again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i opened a case with fitbit as well. I did logout of app. I also erased the fitbit. I al going to run on Friday or Saturday. Will upload the status.  Image was taken at 9:34 am. You will notice the 5 hr late timestamp of 10:34 am for 5:34 am run.

F6BFED20-9687-4778-83F5-89D8B842B023.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah i just noticed.  
Seems like my thread got merged into another thread 😆 whitout me realizing it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me, its only when i start the excercise-tracking with the app that its dont work.  
when i start excercise-trackIng from the fitbit-Watch it works as it should. 

Best Answer
0 Votes