Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not syncing with iPhone/iPad.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ever since last update Fitbit charge 3 stopped syncing to my iPad. Switched to my iPhone, now it doesn't sync to that either. Turned both devices on and off as well as the Bluetooth and still does nothing. Not at all impressed anymore. Maybe I'll just buy a timex, they still make those right?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
128 REPLIES 128

Hello @MichaelPacello, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. At this moment, I would like to suggest you to check the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

Additionally, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and iPad and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device before trying to sync again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I have completed all of these steps to reset ipad and charge 3, nothing works, My charge 3 will not sync to my ipad.  The app recognizes the charge 3 but spins and spins and won't connect. In addition my charge 3 no longer keeps the correct time.  I have even tried to connect with a different device, my iPhone, and it still does not work.  I have tried every solution posted on this board many times.  Deleting my apps, deleting my tracker, NOTHING works.  This all started with the new update, so now my 7 month old charge 3 is worthless. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. Glad to know I'm not the only one. If a $150+ tracker can't even make it a year I'm going to be very disappointed.

Best Answer

My Charge 3 is not even a year old and has stopped syncing. Started when it was last updated. Very disappointed. I tried all that has been suggested. 

Best Answer

I have a Charge 3 Fitbit.  Only 8 months old and I up dated my Fitbit and now it will not sync with my iPhone.  I tried everything that customer service told me to do and nothing worked.  I will be returning my Fitbit.  

Best Answer

This is the second update to my Fitbit app in a row where I've had to come to the community to try and find out how to get my charge three to sync again. This is unacceptable.

Best Answer

FitBit Charge 3.  Did all those things.  Will not sync on iPhone 5S iOS 10.3.4 or on my iMac iOS 10.14.6 (THIS time, a sign came up on my FitBit app on my iMac saying the Charge 3 only works with mobile app; however, the ONLY time I synced it was with my iMac).  I've only had it about a month.  It started getting 10 minutes slow per day.  I was able to sync it once and get the time corrected.  Now it is 42 minutes slow.   GRRRRR.  My wife got it for me as a gift, and I really don't want to throw it in the trash (that's what I feel like doing) because she will be pissed at wasting over $100.

Best Answer

I want to return it and get my money back!  This is ridiculous!

Best Answer

I finally got mine to sync. I deleted the app again. Deleted Fitbit from Bluetooth. Then loaded app again and paired it with my phone. Hope I don’t have to figure it out ever time there’s an update cause I love my Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Did that also, but still not syncing.  One thing: When going to the info on Charge 3, and iOS, it says that you must have iOS 11 or higher.  (My iMac is 10.14.6.)  It also lists the devices it can sync with as including the iPhone 5S.  (The iPhone 4 was dropped an upgrade or 2 ago). The lastest iPhone 5s Software available is only iOS 10.3.4.  Does that mean it will no longer sync?  BTW, on my iMac (which is what I synced to on Sept. 27) there is now a little message that says Charge 3 can ONLY be synced to the mobile app.

Best Answer

Typo: my iMac iOS is 11.14.6!!!!!

Best Answer

Did those things. Still, NOTHING. GRRR!!!

--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed all the steps and my Fitbit charge 3 will not connect with iPhone 11. I have deleted the app and reloaded. I have turned Bluetooth on and off. I cannot update the Fitbit as I cannot connect it with my phone. Please can you advise how I can solve this issue. 

Best Answer

I returned my Charge 3 to Costco (where it was purchased) and picked up a
Versa instead. Hopefully, there won't be a problem with this one.

--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I’m having problems with syncing ever since the most recent iPhone update. I have an iPhone 6s and don’t plan to upgrade for aw. My Bluetooth can’t even find my Fitbit charge 3. Any advice? 

Best Answer

My Charge 3 will not sync with my iPhone X. I went to settings and marked it to forget device, now I don’t know how to put it back to try to sync. 

Best Answer

How do I try to sync again? 

Best Answer

There is another place to check to ensure Bluetooth is enabled between iPhone and fitbit:  Settings -> Fitbit -> Bluetooth.  You need to scroll down the iPhone settings screen to find the Fitbit application, then from here just make sure Bluetooth is toggled on.  The instructions above that say to go to Settings -> Bluetooth did not help, but after having just found this setting and (re)enabling it my wife's phone and fitbit are syncing once again.  Hope this helps.

Best Answer

Just received Charge 3 for Christmas and cannot sync. I've followed all recommendations on this form, and the device still will not sync. Any other recommendations?

Best Answer