Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not syncing with iPhone/iPad.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ever since last update Fitbit charge 3 stopped syncing to my iPad. Switched to my iPhone, now it doesn't sync to that either. Turned both devices on and off as well as the Bluetooth and still does nothing. Not at all impressed anymore. Maybe I'll just buy a timex, they still make those right?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
128 REPLIES 128

I’m having the same issue, got this for Christmas to replace charge 2 and it doesn’t sync, tried all of the advice in the threads to. It might have to be returned. 

Best Answer

I am having the same problem with my Charge 3. It works on my iPhone okay but doesn’t on my iPad. I have tried everything that has been said but nothing works ?

Best Answer

I am having the same exact problem- so frustrating- I guess I will buy a garmin at this point. 

Best Answer

Mine also is less than a year old- same issue, can’t keep the right time and will no longer sync with my iPhone. 

Best Answer
My daughter sorted mine out with the help of Fitbit. It’s to do with Bluetooth you can’t have two going at the same time. So I deleted it off my iPad and only use my iPhone and it seems to be working okay now.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

My device syncs fine all day, but something happens overnight that glitches the connection almost every day. I don't mind force-quitting the FitBit app and toggling Bluetooth every once in a while, but having to do it every morning is unacceptable. Lately, this doesn't work, either. I have to shut my phone down completely and restart it. I rarely had a sync problem with my Charge 2. 

Best Answer

So far none of the tips given have synced my fitbit charge 3 with my new iphone 11. I am very frustrated. Guess i will be getting a different brand tracker

Best Answer

For the past two weeks my Charge 3 is not able to connect via bluetooth to my iphone. It cannot even keep time correctly which has caused me to wake up late. My fitbit was set to alarm at 6 am but instead it went off at 6:45am because that is when my fitbit's clock said is was 6am. This is ridiculous. I have done all of the tips and tricks to overcome this and nothing has worked.  All my other bluetooth devices are working just fine. How can they justify charging $150 for a watch that can't even keep time?

Best Answer

I've attempted more than 4 times to sync using your instructions.  They don't work.  

Best Answer

Why cant I  get my charge 3 to sync with my iPhone or my iPad???

very frustrating. 

Best Answer

Finally got mine to sync! I noticed all my Exercise Shortcuts (Run, Bike, Walk etc.) became Pilates, Pilates, Pilates (and I don't even have Pilates ticked). So I reset then on my Phone, and on my Desktop, tried to Sync but constantly got the Failed to Sync error message (even though it had picked up my Steps that morning, and was tracking my Heart Rate). I did all the suggestions of kill the app, re-install the app, reboot the phone, did 'forget me' on the Bluetooth settings, etc etc. None of that worked. Then I noticed you can 'Reboot Device' on the Watch settings. Click the side button, Scroll across to Settings, scroll down to About, scroll down again to Reboot Device (No Data Will Be Lost), Click the big Tick, and finally it synced, Hooray! And my Exercise Shortcuts were reset to normal.

Best Answer
Hi Steve C (Jogger)
I have scrolled through the settings and cannot find the Reboot Watch setting. Could it be that mine is an older version and does not have that setting?? My husband bought this Charge 3 on sale. I wonder if the Charge 3 is being phased out because of the syncing issues.
Nellie

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi, happy to help if I can. Here's exactly what I did: 

Click on the side button - Clock face appears. 

Swipe Left once - shows Exercise & Relax, 

Swipe Left again - shows Timers & Alarms, 

Swipe Left again - shows Weather & Settings. 

Tap on Settings - shows Brightness & Vibrations, 

Swipe Up to the last menu option - which is "About". 

Click on "About" - it shows Version & Regulatory Info, 

Swipe Up to the last menu option - which is "Reboot Device". 

Tap on Reboot Device, there's a message says 'No Data Will Be Lost' 

Finally Click on the big Tick and it Reboots your FitBit (takes a few secs)

Best Answer

I don't know if this will help anyone but it worked for me and nothing else did. 

I had this problem - Iphone 11 and got a new  Charge 3 and not syncing without turning blue tooth on and off. I tried many things,mentioned here and nothing worked. Then I found a good fix---

1> In my Fitbit app, I turned off all day syncing. 2>  In my Iphone settings -  I went to Bluetooth settings and forgot the Fitbit Charge 3 device.   3> I was going to re-pair to my phone but I didn't have to. Even though it doesn't show in my IPhone sync screen it still syncs fine with the Fitbit app. Everytime.  My Charge 3 now syncs fine when I open the Fitbit app.

Totally fixed.  

Best Answer

I am experiencing  the very same issue! nothing  helped.

Best Answer

I am have the same issue. I just got a brand new charge 3 yesterday and have been doing all the steps to set it up. 

Deleted my old Alta from the list of devices. no go! I have check for updates on my iphone XR, shut it off and restarted it 3 times. Keep trying to sync but it just does not recognize my new Charge3. 

This is a piece of crap and it's going back on Monday!

Best Answer

i should have said, that I cannot get it to even pair with my phone. So frustrating!!!

Best Answer
Try this. Turn off all day sync. Then Whenever you sync. Try turning off your phone WiFi First and then syncing your Fitbit. It works for me every time. For me, it seems there is some kind of conflict between WiFi and The Fitbit Bluetooth.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Help! Help! Somebody ...... Have just tried your suggestion after hours prior to that trying all 'instructions' and it still does not sync and keeps saying 'device .not found' etc etc. Bluetooth will not connect. So very frustrating as this happened after a previous Apple update and it took a visit to a number of stores before being fixed. 

Best Answer

I gave up on the charge 3 largely because of the syncing issues, but also because of inaccurate readings and how difficult it is to read outside. Bought a $40 wahoo heart rate monitor with a free app that has worked flawlessly. Fitbit came out with a charge 4 before ever getting the charge 3 right. Fitbit has lost my business.

Best Answer
0 Votes