Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 GPS connection dropping

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the past three days, when I would start a ride or walk using the app on my iPhone, I would bike 22 miles and the GPS stops within minutes of starting. I have experienced this  since this past Saturday. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, but that hasn't helped. Just wanting to know if anyone else is experiencing this?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@ColdWarVet75   What type of phone do you use?  Android or iOS?  You are describing an app issue, not a Charge 4 issue.  You might get more help in the appropriate app forum.  BTW, the app was never designed for biking.  It is for three step based activities -- run/walk/hike.  You also just spent a bunch of money for a device that has built in GPS with an exercise app and a bike shortcut.  Any reason you aren't using it?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes because it draws too much juice.

Terry Paggi
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ColdWarVet75 I've moved your ios question out of the Charge 4 board.

Yes any gps is going to use a lot of power your trying to time how long it takes a signal, from at least 4satellites to travel from space to you  then do this several times a second. So yes the decision is to choose the tracker or phone for a dead battery. Fitbit suggests charging after each gps use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you here, @ColdWarVet75@LZeeW and @Rich_Laue, thanks for the input.

As our friends here mentioned, Charge 4 has built in GPS. I recommend using that feature instead of the app. Also, keep in mind that GPS dropouts can be caused by several things (tall buildings, trees, overcast, etc.).

For more information, check the article: How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device?.

Let me know the outcome. 🙂

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes