Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting iPad and iPhone to one Charge 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone help me to sync my Fitbit 2 between my iPad to my iPhone please

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Lets look at the way Bluetooth works, a device ike a headphone or your tracker are only allowed to connect to one phone or Bluetooth server at a time.

If your tracker has been syncing to the iPad, then all you need to do is add the Fitbit app to the phone and log into your Fitbit account.

Now to sync through the phone, you need to first disconnect the tracker from the iPad. Either turn it's bluetooth off, the iPad off, or simply move the iPad far enough away so that the two can not speak.

To go back to the iPad you will have to do the same with the phone.

Of course any sync somply drops the data on to the Fitbit server, this means a sync can be done through the phone, and the iPad has access to what just synced.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@Maebow  Can you be more specific about the problem you are having?  Is it syncing with one and not the other?  Is it not syncing at all?  Did you set your iPhone to receive text and phone notifications?  If you did, the Charge 2 forms a "bond" with your phone and won't sync to any other device.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  The problem is I had only my iPad connected to my charge 2 for a long time.  Was all good.  Now I am trying to sync my iPhone as well as my iPad to the one Fitbit.  Is it possible?  Now after attempts by me, it is only synced to my iPhone and not the iPad!   I don't have the iPhone set to receive texts etc. although that is what I do want.  Thank you for your advice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lets look at the way Bluetooth works, a device ike a headphone or your tracker are only allowed to connect to one phone or Bluetooth server at a time.

If your tracker has been syncing to the iPad, then all you need to do is add the Fitbit app to the phone and log into your Fitbit account.

Now to sync through the phone, you need to first disconnect the tracker from the iPad. Either turn it's bluetooth off, the iPad off, or simply move the iPad far enough away so that the two can not speak.

To go back to the iPad you will have to do the same with the phone.

Of course any sync somply drops the data on to the Fitbit server, this means a sync can be done through the phone, and the iPad has access to what just synced.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your help.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried to sync my fit bit account from my iPhone to my iPad but I can not set up an account on my iPad.  It tells me an account is already already exists for that fit bit and will not let me open an account

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the community @115,  that is true, there is no need to set your tracker up to your iPad.

Simply choose the log into your account.

Your trying to create a second account.

Once you look into your Fitbit account then you will find the Fitbit tracker trying to sync.

Screenshot_20190220-154137_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @115, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's always nice to see you too @Rich_Laue, thanks for all you help.Smiley Happy

@115, I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. As @Rich_Laue mentioned, if you have already set up your device on a Fitbit account on your phone, you only need to download the Fitbit app on your iPad and log in using your existing credentials; your device will appear in the app and you will be able to sync, without the need to set it up again. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
Thanks. Got it😀

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer