Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constantly receiving notification to set allow location access to always

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every time I open the fitbit app, I get a "Location Access & Bluetooth Sharing" notification to set Allow Location Access to Always. I select "No Thanks", but I keep on getting this notification no matter what I do. I even get it on my iPhone's home screen sometimes. There doesn't seem to be any way to turn this notification off, and I'm finding it very irritating. Supposedly, the user can choose to set location access to "when the app is running" or to "never", but that doesn't seem to stop the notification from popping up constantly. I'm confused as to why fitbit is insisting on setting this to "always". Has anyone gotten and answer from fitbit or figured out how to turn off this notification? Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @SarahE1115.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your concern about the notification you receive to set allow location access to "Always". Thank you for providing the additional details. I totally understand how you are feeling and I am here to assist you. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them and that they were able to help you. Thank you for your time and efforts.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I did work with customer service, but, unfortunately, the notification came back two days later. It's back to appearing every time I open the app. The problem still isn't solved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SarahE1115, thank you for your reply. 

I am sorry to hear the issue persists. Currently it's required to have the location services set to "Always" on your iOS device whenever you're going to use MobileRun or Connected GPS. If you're not going to use those features, you can leave the location services off as that will not affect the way your Fitbit syncs and communicates with the Fitbit app.

Since you've been in touch with our Support team about this, I've sent this information to them and they will continue assisting you with this matter since they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. 

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes