Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current heart rate not being displayed in iOS app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've got all day sync activated and the app is current. If I quit the app and re-open it works for some time and then just shows resting heart rate.

It is recording heart rate as the graph over time updates. It just doesn't show current heart rate.

Any ideas?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
170 REPLIES 170

@KateFitbit -

It appears that All-day sync has not been removed, just the ability for the user to turn it on and off.

When my mobile app is not frozen, it syncs every 15 minutes just like it did when I was able to turn it on, which due to bluetooth pairing flaws was January 30th of this year.

I have been experiencing this issue for five months, believing it is a bluetooth pairing issue and since I already have a ticket open (#34427518) have been waiting patiently (and believe me it is difficult).

See my post in this thread (yesterday at 4:09 pm PDT) where I actually document the occurrences in one particular hour of time.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbit 

• I have a iPhone SE iOS 13.5.1, Fitbit app 3.25(975) and I still have the problem of live / current heart rate not showing on the app Charge 3 dashboard. I have found if I go to Settings and then Fitbit and flip Bluetooth off and on again, then go back to Fitbit app and refresh then the current heart rate shows and stays on until the screen goes off or I leave the app! 
    All day sync is a distraction! 
    Please fix the problem the discussion is mainly about, has Fitbit reproduced the problem? Is a fix for this specific issue of current heart rate not being shown in app being worked on? How long before it’s fixed? 
Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbit @LizzyFitbit 

Please could you confirm that Fitbit developers have this as a bug that they are actively working on? 

We mainly want the heart rate to display the current heart rate on the today screen of the iOS app which is doesn't as you can see from the many people here reporting issues. The same applies to the current steps count on the today screen which used to update too but now doesn't until synced though I'm less concerned by that. 

Best Answer

@robsterc  @KateFitbit 

I noticed the Fitbit app installing and it’s installed 3.25.1(977) which seems to have fixed the showing current heart rate issue!! Have gone to Facebook and back to Fitbit dashboard a few times and it seems to be fixed so thank you Fitbit 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has that version and it still doesn’t show current heart rate.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

@Michaela.W I hope it does continue to work for you and not stop within a few hours as I've experienced. 

I have 3.25.1 but for me this hasn't restored current heart rate. Please update us if this continues to work for you

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Michaela

I have an I-Phone XR and using 13.5.1 but have not gone to 13.6.
I have a Charge 3 and my Fitbit shows version 3.24.1(970) and when I try to go to Update, I get the message that my device is already up-to-date. But I see from various responses by others that they have 3.25.
How do I update my Charge 3?
I don’t have All Day Sync on my App now as supposedly this has been removed. Now when I open my dashboard, the syncing starts automatically and sometimes I can see the Current Heart Rate on the dashboard but typically no.

Shyam

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@robsterc @KateFitbit 

Having just checked my Fitbit app the dashboard is back to Resting heart rate 🙁🙁 

I hope they fix it soon or someone can tell me how to download a working version of the app pre July 2020? And I can remove the automatic updates in the Apple App Store!

Best Answer

@Shyam @robsterc @KateFitbit 

Hi Shyam, 

We have been talking of the Fitbit app and not updating the Charge 3 device. To update the app go to App Store to update the app I believe. I think there is an icon top right which takes you to personal information and you can turn on automatic updates. 
I have only had iPhone for a year so am fairly new to this but I believe some apps will stop working if you don’t update them at least that was the case with an Android phone I had some years ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Michaela
I just did what you had recommended and have the 3.25.1 on my Fitbit App, thanks for your help.
For the time being, my Current Heart Rate is shown but let’s see how long this lasts.
Thanks again.

Shyam

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone, we should have a resolution for your current heart rate not being displayed soon. Please make sure your app is up to date. We will post further when the next iOS release is at 100% 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey Kate
Looking forward to be able to see Current Heart Rate on the dashboard.
Thanks.

Shyam

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Ahh - be careful @KateFitbit -

@KateFitbit wrote:

Hey everyone, we should have a resolution for your current heart rate not being displayed soon. Please make sure your app is up to date. We will post further when the next iOS release is at 100% 

I believe you have been around long enough to know that your third sentence is ill-advised. After 40 years in Enterprise Computing in many positions, and with great analysts on my teams, and great QA teams in support of us, and even with a professional ego as large as mine admittedly is, I would never guarantee a release to be 100%. Many, many times they were, but often enough they were not.

On to testing ---

Installed release 3.26 just before my afternoon treadmill session (isn't retirement cool?).

2:25 - Update to version 3.26 released yesterday evening to the App Store

2:34 - Start music in preparation of treadmill exercise 

To ensure a clean start take app out of memory and restart, answering

the pairing request with "Pair"

Start a treadmill exercise on my versa 2

After sync completed, screen froze for 10 seconds before starting  

dynamic update of the today screen

2:49 - Automatic sync occurred as expected

Dynamic update of the today screen continues

3:04 - Ditto above

3:19 - Ditto above

3:34 - Ditto above

Treadmill exercise complete 

3:40 - Take app out of foreground for the first time since 2:34 

Stop music and take it out of foreground 

Bring app to foreground

App stops dynamic update, falsely showing last heart rate registered

and a blinking heart icon while Versa 2 heart rate is actually

coming down

3:42 - App reverts to displaying RHR

3:45 - Forced sync fails

I was, at first heartened that the dynamic update lasted the full hour on the treadmill as compared to yesterday, but hey, life is like that sometimes.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MrMarv 

I interpreted @KateFitbit 's comment a little differently: not that she'd post when Fitbit were 100% sure of the code but when the content of the next version had been fixed.

I don't know exactly when 3.26 was released but when I installed it a few minutes ago, @KateFitbit post was only showing as 2 hours old and I'd have thought that the content was already fixed at that point so maybe she's talking about the next version.

@KateFitbit 

Whilst your post is reason for hope, it would have been nice if it had been more specific.

I've upgraded to 3.26 so as expected it's displaying the current heart rate at the moment. I'll check again in a couple of hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Midorinoji -

Oh, I totally agree that @KateFitbit 's remark was directed at a future release and not 3.26 which was released sometime yesterday evening PDT (App Store said "21 hrs ago").

And maybe saying with when the next release is ready instead of 100% might have been a better idea. I do have a tendency to take things literally, especially when it is from a company representative.

While I have had the occasion to take exception to some of Kate's posts, all in all, I believe her to be a conscientious professional and welcome her participation here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbit wrote:

@KateFitbit 

Since you posted this there has been another release, 3.26.1, which it seems was put into the App Store 4 days ago (although there is no prompt to update from 3.26).

Has the fix not gone into that version?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I have the same problem. (Current heart rate display)

I am using iphone 8 plus and software version is 13.6. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for that tip!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Midorinoji 

I agree we need an update from @KateFitbit to tell us which version to expect the fix to be included in.

For me, 3.26.1 does not fix this issue

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am having issues updating my app. It is not automatically downloading
and when I uninstall and reinstall it still won't work.
Best Answer
0 Votes