Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom foods aren't logging correctly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I seem to enter custom foods over and over again and they simply disappear again.

it was bad before the recent update - app crashing when creating a custom entry but not this is even worse. 

Creating new entry, it seems it adds it nicely to the day.

then it’s either 0 calories,

strange volume that I never set up,

disappears as entry again,

cannot be reused for a new entry.

when can you finally fix this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Hi @Creamer_L, welcome on board. It's nice see a new member around.

Thanks for sharing detailed information about this issue. I see your point of view, and I'm sorry that you're having this experience. Before anything else, please make sure the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. Once that is done, I'd recommend to try the following steps:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and log back in.
  4. Then, scroll down and tap on the food tile.
  5. Try adding a custom food one more time.

If you're unable to use that custom food for a new entry, or the incorrect details are displayed, please take a screenshot and attach it to your reply. This way, I can take a deeper look.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

i stopped trying but today I gave it another go, and again: I created the item and added it to the day. For a moment it added this entry and was showing the full sum of two items (screenshot 1). Then it was gone as well as all the values inside of the item, when I look it up later in recently created (screenshot two) The app is on autorenew and I did reinstall it trying to fix this issue.

25A80695-0277-4844-A47A-90E114F44FF0.png

D84AB79A-7B61-4B26-A598-E9A6F0AC36F8.png

Best Answer

Just happened to me also. Same situation. Really making me insane. Super close to abandoning fitbit altogether. Trying to create custom foods that we eat and its not being helpful. Extremely dissapointed

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. App is up to date, phone has been restarted. Frustrating to enter in detailed nutrition facts and having it all disappear over and over. 😕

Best Answer

Same issue here. No mod replies? Any fixes?

Best Answer

Same here!! I am trying to keep track and it is not helping! Don’t know what to do!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue....  still no resolution from FitBit 🤷‍:male_sign:

Best Answer

I’m having same problems, started yesterday, have reset and still no joy! Please let me know once resolved 

Best Answer

I have the same issue as of 04/03/2020. Can’t create a custom food, or the APP completely saves it incorrectly. Also if I pick the newly created custom food it won’t even register in my macros. Frustrating. Been since the last update. Please don’t tell me to restart or reload or clear the cache etc. done all that. This is a clearly a developer issue. Hoping it’s fixed soon. 

Best Answer

And me as well, enter something in as a custom food, when I then try to add the custom food the only option is 0 calories. I've tried the general steps, restarting the app, restarting the phone, deleting and reinstalling the app, no luck. In addition, I've tried editing the food after it's created, but it will stay at 0 calories after submission. Additionally, I've tried multiple types, so it happens whether the type is grams, bars, pieces. 

Best Answer

Same thing here. Already tried all of the steps too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having a very similar problem, for a week now. It’s the same on the App on my iPad, iPhone and the dashboard. When entering a custom food, it takes the name of it and allows entry of all the nutrition details, but when saved, none of the nutrition details are held. Just the name, then 0 calories and everything else. I’ve closed the App, done a hard turn off on iPad and phone - several times. Still not working. Can’t understand why - it was fine one day, then awry the next. As far as I’m aware, there were no IOS UPDATES that coincided with this problem. Any solutions please anyone?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I received a message from the developers and they are aware or the issue. They stated in the email that they hope to have a fix soon.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thank you very much for letting me know.

Christine Shearman
Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing is happening to me, i create a new custom item. Put in the nutritious values, click save.  It then saves but sll the values disappear. Ive restarted, deleted, logged out and nothing is helping

Best Answer

Arrgghhhh me too. Please help 

Best Answer

My only work around has been to search for something similar in calories, protein and carbs, and log that in lieu of the food I’ve actually eaten. It’s annoying and time consuming, but at least keeps a rough count for calculating what has been consumed.  Sometimes you’ll need to adjust the serving size of the substitute entry to get the numbers close to what would have been your “custom food”. 
I really hope this is fixed soon!

Best Answer
That’s exactly what I’ve been doing. So annoying and very time consuming. The last reply I received from the developers was that there would be a fix soon, however, that’s been at least 2 weeks. Arrrgh is right. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer

Yay!  Problem seems to be fixed with latest update. Just randomly tried after giving up on it and Custom Food entries register 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes