Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark mode for iOS Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Many of us routinely use the mobile app, Android or iOS, early in the morning and even late at night due to the variances of our lives. Having a blanket, bright white screen can really irritate people’s eyes, mine included.

People have been asking about a dark theme for the app for years. In other forums, the problem gets brushed off and people are referred to a previous locked thread. Now that new updates have rolled around for devices, the Fitbit app *still* does not support an in-app dark theme.

I think making this adjustment would satisfy a lot of other people.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Today my Fitbit randomly turned into half dark mode,which is even worse than all light or all dark, and I can't find any way of turning it off except to completely disable dark mode on my whole phone. Has anyone else seen this recently? It makes me not even want to use the app.

Screenshot_20220415-112248.png

Best Answer

@jpat1990 wrote:

Today my Fitbit randomly turned into half dark mode,which is even worse than all light or all dark, and I can't find any way of turning it off except to completely disable dark mode on my whole phone. Has anyone else seen this recently? It makes me not even want to use the app.

Screenshot_20220415-112248.png

Yikes. That looks like Android to me, so I don't imagine anyone with iOS has seen this. I haven't. 

Best Answer

Me too - such a simple thing lacking from FitBit, though not surprising. 

Best Answer

How do I Me too this subject? 

Best Answer

When the heck is Fitbit going to do this Dark Mode!!!

Best Answer

It is ridiculous that such a basic feature can be requested over such a long period of time (years) and Fitbit continue to ignore the users requesting it. Fitbit, make a dark mode for the app already; it’s not even a difficult thing to do. So many other apps include the feature, even some websites. Just do it already. 

Best Answer

I know this is a couple months old at this point and hopefully you figured it out, but I just had this happen to me tonight too and found no help for it. 

To get the icons to go back to white, go to your phone's settings, then display, and turn off dark mode. Go back to the Fitbit app to make sure it's fixed, then you can turn dark mode back on.

Maybe this will help someone else!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much it has worked on my iPhone 👍🏻😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you,  worked perfectly! 

Best Answer
0 Votes