Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard new app look

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Did you know Fitbit changed the dashboard look and you have to vote if you don't like it?

Please do not reply to this post - Post your dislike separately on this page. Go to community new app look and express your dislike. Once it changes you cannot change back.

My phone automatically updates, so today was the first I heard about this cause my phone did it

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community. I am sorry for the delayed response.

I appreciate the time that each of you took to share your experience and feedback regarding the new app dashboard. I would like to advise that once you updated to the new app, you can't revert, unfortunately. I really appreciate your feedback and time you took to let us know your frustration since this helps us to keep improving. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome.

If you would like to learn more about the new Fitbit app experience, please check out this help article.

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
141 REPLIES 141

Carolxi I’ve had the new update for just shy of two months. I totally understand your frustration. After time I got used to the change and hopefully you will too. It’s quite confusing and frustrating at first. 🥴 

Best Answer

I couldn't agree more.  My phone automatically updated as well and I'm ready to just stop using the App altogether.  I hate that I can't change it back.  So infuriating.

Best Answer

Imthemomster no don’t give up just yet. I’d give it a bit more time. Im sure your Fitbit friends would miss ya! Like I said earlier I’ve had the new update for almost two months now. Trust me it was worse then and Fitbit has already done multiple updates and fixed issues. Oh it’s still not perfect but I’m hanging on hope. I’m getting more used to it the more I use it. Hopefully you will too.

Happy Stepping 👣👣

Best Answer

I'm going to stick it out until it stops working but sadly I'm definitely NOT going to upgrade to another Fitbit now after this 😞

Best Answer

Hi Megabite, It isn't a question of just getting used to it. We should have a choice and not have an unloved app change forced on us. 

Best Answer

The new surface is terrible and catastrophically bad. The font size is very small !!! The layout is awful. This is the slightest trouble, but it doesn't sync!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
Exactly how I feel about updates as well.
Best Answer

It isn't just a question of "getting used to it" when key functionality is lost.  I'm annoyed by the graphic changes, but the major problem I have with it is the use of functionality.

Best Answer

Are we talking about the Fitbit phone app dashboard or fitbit.com web dashboard?  Perhaps a moderator can relocate this thread to the appropriate platform.  To make things worse, Fitbit does not even have a proper name to describe the app "new experience".  Call it dashboard 3.0 or something to differentiate from the tile "old experience" so we at least know which is which.

Best Answer

Sko_tang excellent point in mentioning the interchangeable term “Dashboard”. I find that now confusing especially reading through the community forum it is difficult to tell if people are speaking about the “Fitbit App Dashboard” or the “Online Web Dashboard” which operate different to navigate. Knowing which Dashboard people are referring to would help greatly.

Best Answer

I am talking about the web dashboard, personally, since we're in the dashboard forum. I agree that it seems to be a topic of confusion lately, though.

Best Answer

To set an alarm with the fitbit.com web dashboard, click the gear icon at upper right corner:

Screenshot_2019-08-24_13-23-57.png

Click your device e.g. Charge 3, then add alarm or turn on/off your existing alarms:

Screenshot_2019-08-24_13-22-26.png

Best Answer

Oh the “Web Dashboard” I avoid using. Navigating through it is not as easy as the Fitbit App. 

Best Answer

Thank you for clarifying that sko_tang:double_exclamation_mark:I thought they were talking about the alarm in the Fitbit app and not the online Web Dashboard. Your answer rocks:double_exclamation_mark:😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree!

Also, the new font is very bold and harsh. The previous app used a nice, slim and pleasant font.

Best Answer

Thanks guys!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is one of about 400 threads/conversations on the same topic.  No one likes the new dashboard, nor did any of the users choose it.  The Dashboard is more like a menu than a dashboard now and it is almost useless. Many people are giving a low rating at the app store.  I do not think the developers will merge these threads.  I initiated a chat with customer service to try to go back to the old version and was informed I could not and they sent me here to the community pages to vote.  How can you vote on 400 different threads?  I think that giving a low rating at the app store is much more effective, besides it seems necessary to warn potential purchasers that you now have a watch that can do many things, but you need 5 minutes to scroll through all the results to find what you want, while wearing reading glasses, and now lack the ability to share your results, if desired.  Seriously, at least give us a choice. 

Best Answer

Hate the new app 😡 Please change it back!

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer