Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different max heart rate in ”daily exercise” vs. ”heart rate”?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every day my sport log shows the max heart rate of my daily exercise as around 168 to 178, but when I go to the ”heart rate” panel and see the diagram for the entire day, the same max heart rate is 20 lower. Is there a reason for this or have I personalized my settings wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @TeeaK. Welcome to the forums. I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and let's me help you with your inquiry. Since you mentioned that the issue is with the max heart rate do you mean that the Custom Max Heart Rate settings won't update after entering your details? If that's correct, please make sure the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version and try the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and log back in.
  5. Try adjusting your custom Heart Rate Zones.

If the issue persists, please take a screenshot of what is displayed on the Fitbit app so I can investigate on my end. For instructions to attach it in your reply, check this post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, I mean the attached. I have had the custom maximum heartrate between 180-190 but it does not seem to have an impact. For instance yesterday, max during exercise was 190, but when I look at ”heart rate yesterday” it shows a max of 162. Why are these different? 

CE17FA02-E8D3-4AAE-B206-11834A7FDCFD.png

5C2FB1D9-DEDD-408A-9310-F08A6310C523.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TeeaK   The reason these numbers are different are that your heart rate is recorded every minute in the exercise details (both when you use the exercise app and SmartTrack), but it is a five minute average in the daily heart rate graph.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes