Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable cheer notification

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am using Alta and iOS app. In the challenge group, generally people cheers each other comment. If we are in 5 different group and each comment is cheered by 4-5people, we get 100-200 notification throught the day just for cheering. is there a way I can disable the cheer notification, and simply get the notfication for the group chatroom comment?

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hi there @prady, welcome aboard to our Community.  I know what you mean, I got a friend who likes to send cheers anytime, even when we are not in a challenge Robot Very Happy

You can do this from your web-based Dashboard by accessing to your Notifications settings. Look for the Cheers and Taunts and disable the option, press Save at the bottom of the page and you wont be receiving these notifications anymore.

Cheers.png

Hope this helps. Catch ya' later.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Hey @RobertoME thanks for your message. I am sorry, I should have specified this earlier. The personal cheer sent by friends are hardly or none. However cheers that come as notification when challenge participant cheers each other comment. Those cheers are very high in nuumber when we are in 5groups. I wanted to disabled notification of those cheer that comes in the group challenge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In this case @prady, Is not possible to disable only the cheers that come as comments on the Challenges. What you can do is disable all the notifications from the Challenges Options.

This can be found by accessing to the challenge you are in, you should be able to see the options in the right upper corner of the screen > Once you access here you should be able to see Gameplay & Rules and the option to disable the notifications, Move the toggle to the Off position and you wont received more notifications for that specific challenge.

Let me know if you need more help. See you around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I appreciate the encouragement from my challenge mates, but there are a couple who would prefer to not get those notifications sent to their phone. Please get FitBit to remedy this so that it’s enjoyable and engaging for all of us? Don’t want to lose team members or for me and the rest of us to feel uncomfortable participating and encouraging each other. 

Best Answer

I agree....I don't appreciate my phone blowing up with notifications in the middle of the night when in a challenge with people from different time zones.  Very annoying!

I use my phone as an alarm clock so simply turning the sound off/change to vibrate is not an option

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AnimaliaMatrem - If you set your iPhone to do Not Disturb when you go to bed, then notices will be silenced until you turn that setting off. But even in this mode, your alarm clock will sound the alarm. Another feature of the iPhone in DND mode ... calls will also not come thru but if anyone from your Favorite’s list calls a second time, the call will ring. I use this feature frequently. 

Best Answer

Thanks, I'll look into this on my google pixel 🙂

Best Answer
Nope...this doesn't work on my phone. All or nothing it seems. 2 days in
a row i have over slept because my alarm didn't go off.

Fitbit needs to add this feature...i think it's a bit silly that you can't
turn off all notifications within the app
Best Answer
0 Votes

Another solution, at least for iOS users ... From your iPhone, go into Settings -> Notifications -> Fitbit. From there, you can turn notifications off completely. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, but i don't have iphone...and all of my notifications are turned
off. I still receive notifications for friends cheering other friends
despite having very single notification turned off in the alp
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AnimaliaMatrem - You’re in the iOS App thread so I thought you had an iPhone. (I know. It can be confusing.)  But I’m guessing there is something similar in the Android settings. If you can’t find it, try posting your question in the Android thread

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry..i didn't realize this was in the ios thread, my fault.
Best Answer
0 Votes